pillow box w/ score lines

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
schnd001

pillow box w/ score lines

Post by schnd001 »

Hello-Does anyone have a pillow box template w/ score lines? I have Lindsay's file, but would really like one with score lines along the curves. I've tried tracing files that have score lines but end up with double lines. Thanks, Diane
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: pillow box w/ score lines

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I hope this helps.. If you don't want the score lines to cut just ungroup and delete
pillowbox.svg
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Okay so for some reason or other the other 2 score lines aren't showing up in Scal.. Someone help please?? I saved them all as object to path.
sensationallychic

Post by sensationallychic »

Are your score lines made with the line tool in ink? if so, you will need to select the line and do path>stroke to path. HTH
schnd001

Post by schnd001 »

Hi - I selected the line and did path>stroke to path on the curved lines. When I cut the attached file instead of scoring, it cut out tiny ovals along the curved line. I'm new to inkscape and SCAL, so not sure it I did it correctly. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
pillowbox2.svg
(42.65 KiB) Downloaded 745 times
sensationallychic

Yeah, you did it right. The ovals are the "score line". The cricut can't actually score, only cut. For this reason some files that have "score lines" actually have small cuts along those lines to aid in folding. I believe that in SCAL2 you can have a layer for the lines that won't actually cut. Not positive, but I believe that is how it works. I haven't had the extra funds available to upgrade yet, so I am still using SCAL1. Are you able to fold the box along the ovals it cut or are there so many that it is basically like a perforation? I opened the file and they looked close, but I did not cut it. They can be made to be farther apart (which I believe works better) but the file would have to be re-worked. HTH.
sensationallychic

Here is my "example". I haven't cut it yet, but it should cut minute holes along the curved lines to aid in folding. Please let me know if it works. :D
Attachments
pillowboxSL.svg
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
schnd001

Post by schnd001 »

Thank you!
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

schnd001 wrote:Hi - I selected the line and did path>stroke to path on the curved lines. When I cut the attached file instead of scoring, it cut out tiny ovals along the curved line. I'm new to inkscape and SCAL, so not sure it I did it correctly. Any help is appreciated.
What I do in the files I create is to make a layer called "Score Lines". Then I provide instructions that say to change the style of the score lines in SCAL to one of the dashed styles. Seems to work OK.

- Jasen.

P.S. It would be really nifty if SCAL had a way to detect path styles in the SVG and make them dashed automagically. Even if we had to use a special name or value, I think it'd be useful.

P.P.S. And this goes with my philosophy of making SCAL better at interacting with SVG drawing tools rather than improving SCAL's drawing tools. SCAL will never be as powerful as Inkscape or Illustrator. But it could interpret the files coming in from those programs in much more robust ways.