pop up card

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
nuzzmark

Re: pop up card

Post by nuzzmark »

Hi Sandy,
Sending what I cut out. My cutter does do scoring, or at least I thought it did. When I cut the other one out, at the score lines, the cutter didn't go straight across the scored lines. It sounded like it was stopping & starting. Does that make sense? But when I took the card off the mat, it all came apart like I showed you. I tried to do an ungroup & just the number was cut out but was still attached as you can see. I ended up scoring the lines myself. This is fine with me! I just have to remember not to stick everything flat on the card behind this one! It looks like the "5" is attached on the side. It's just the angle of the picture. This was just the tryout. I'll probably end up cutting 3 more before I do it right. ;)
50 card ungrouped ready for card.jpg
50 card ungrouped ready for card.jpg (76.99 KiB) Viewed 7636 times
I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me. Let me know what you think.
(((HUGS)))
Clara
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Looks good! Sorry you have to manually score the lines. Again, the way I set up the file you should see three layers as shown. If I were making this card on our dual head Force KNK, then I would be turning off the dashed cut layer and then I can assign the score layer to the right side and leave the cut lines assigned to the left side. Then, on my Force, I would have the blade holder mounted on the left side and the scoring tool mounted on the right side.

But, if I use a different cutter that only has one side, then I would assign the score layer, on the Panel as Draw (Pen). Then, in the Cut Settings window, I would have Blade/Pen Prompt selected instead of Cut Cut Lines. I would start then with the scoring tool mounted and it would score only the fold line layer. Then the cutter would pause and I could change out the scoring tool for the blade holder and it would cut the cut lines. Unfortunately, since I don't own an eclipse or use ECal, I dont' know how it all works for you. But it's probably similar.

Since your cutter WILL do scoring, just delete that dashed cut line layer since you don't want to use it and I"m with you. I don't like dashed cutting but I have customers who prefer it! Go figure. lol
50 Popup.JPG
50 Popup.JPG (52.77 KiB) Viewed 7633 times
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Hello there!
Well, I was all set to cut the card & my mat keeps on loading & doesn't stop. :evil: I called Sizzix & the woman said she'd call me back. She did & said it could be the motherboard or circuit board. It seemed to work if I used new cutting mats after 5 uses. That isn't going to happen. So I ordered an eClips2. It's coming Sunday. I think this one has a better scoring feature. By that time, I hope I don't forget what I'm supposed to do! :roll:
Will let you know how everything works out.
(((HUGS)))
Clara
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Good luck, Clara! And post back if there's anything I can do regarding the file I designed for you or anything else like that.
Sandy McCauley
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Zip a Dee Doo Dah!! I did it! I ended up having to buy the eClips 2 because the mat would not stop loading. I got the new one yesterday. I didn't have time to fool around with it yesterday or even this morning but I figured I' try this afternoon. I did a practice cut & then adjusted the scoring pressure. I looked up how to do scoring without cutting the whole card out in pieces. I can't believe how easy it was to cut out & very quiet! I am so excited and can't wait for him to see it! I even glued it right! lolol
I also joined an eClips & Sizzix forum on FB. They have been wonderful too. They got me through setting the machine up. It isn't difficult at all, I just think I was so nervous, everything was scrambled in my head! lol
As I said before, Sandy, thank you so much for all your help. It's people like you & those on the FB forum that give people, like me, who don't know too much about designing the determination to keep going until it's right. :D
50 card done.jpg
50 card done.jpg (97.96 KiB) Viewed 7612 times
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Love seeing ti cut out in silver/mirror cardstock! Turned out awesome!
Sandy McCauley
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Thanks to you, Sandy!! I wanted the inside to really show up bright, that's why I got the holographic paper! His birthday is Thursday September 13th. He & my daughter-in-law are coming for dinner. The kids are all away at college :cry: I can't wait for him to see it!
(((HUGS)))
Clara
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Have a fun celebration!
Sandy McCauley
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Hi Sandy!
Well, Scott loved the card & his wife did, too! I couldn't wait for him to open it. lol I didn't say anything, but my husband said "Your mother made that card!" They were very impressed! ;) told them a wonderful woman gave me the file.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I'm glad your family liked the card! This is why cutters are such awesome machines to have!
Sandy McCauley