pop up card

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
nuzzmark

pop up card

Post by nuzzmark »

My son's 50th is coming up & I'd love to make him a card with the number 50 that pops up when you open the card. I want to write "This 50 popped up just as fast!" :D

(((HUGS)))
Clara
SandyMcC

Re: pop up card

Post by SandyMcC »

I can make you one. What size do you want the card to be?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Oh my goodness! Thank you, Sandy! The thing is, I tried to make one on my sizzix machine. I did the number 50 then added a square under it. I did a union & it worked. It's just a plain card, fitting the whole matt. Actually, it probably should be smaller....maybe 7 inches in total height?
The problem is, my machine won't cut! I get a message, "Cutting Machine Not Found". I unplugged everything, the machine, wall plug, usb cords & nothing worked. I checked my driver & clicked repair. Nothing. I did send an email to Sizzix & got a reply that they received it & will contact me. Today being Labor Day, I doubt I"ll hear anything before tomorrow. Oh, I did do the upgrade when it came out earlier this year.
Any suggestions??
It's so nice of you to want to do the card for me!

(((HUGS)))
Clara
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Ok...so I didn't see the new upgrade for SCAL 5. I just got it & registered it. Machine still says, "Cutting Machine not found". Am I supposed to get rid of the older version of SCAL on my pc? The program does open to SCAL5. :?
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

No, you don't need to delete the old version of SCAL. You can have older versions installed... I do. :)

You might want to reinstall the driver anyhow, in case there's a new version. Unplug your cutter from your computer. Go to Help>Install Driver. Then close SCAL and reboot your computer. Then plug the cutter back in and see if it's now recognized.

Regarding the card size... so maybe a 5" x 7" card?
Sandy McCauley
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

See my prior response regarding your cutter not being recognized.

Then, for the card... is this what you're wanting? Naturally you would then glue it to the inside of an outside card.
50.png
50.png (192.22 KiB) Viewed 7032 times
Sandy McCauley
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

First, the card you showed me is perfect!
Ok....I unplugged the ecal from my laptop & went to install the driver. I chose "Craftwell Ecraft" as the model. At first there was a little flashlight saying it was searching fro the program. Then I did it again & it said all driver were up to date. Nothing is working. It's still saying "Cutting machine not found". I am so aggravated. I seem to remember something about a "port" being either COM1 or COM2. I didn't change anything since it says "Auto detect". We may have had to do that at one time. I can't remember. Hopefully I'll hear from Sizzix tomorrow or I could possibly get in touch with Craft Edge. I'm starting to wonder if I should just cut the whole thing out by hand. I'd love the file you showed me. I'll even pay you for it.
Thank you so much for replying & trying to help me.

(((HUGS)))
Clara
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I don't think your cutter will work with SCAL5. I missed the fact you own an eclips cutter. It has to use ECal for the software. It's my understanding that ECal will be updated at some point to include the new features found in SCAL5 but since it's not listed in the SCAL5 cutters shown at the following link, I'm fairly certain you need to use ECal1 or 2 for cutting.

Here's the file and no need to pay me. Note that I have two different layers for the fold lines: one of them has dashed lines and the other layer has just solid lines. I wasn't sure if you have a scoring tool for your cutter. So, just ungroup the 3 layers and then hide whichever fold line layer you don't want to use. If you have any problems or changes, just post back.
Attachments
50 Popup Card.svg
(17.95 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Sandy McCauley
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Hi Sandy!
Well, I got in touch with Sizzix & the woman said they don'r have anything to do with Craft Edge programs. I emailed Craft Edge, explaining what happened. You were right. I can't use SCAL 5 with my eClips. It loads & I can make a design...my "designs" are very simple. Like squares & circles! :lol: :lol: So Craft Edge gave me a license number for eCal 3, which is comparable to SCAL 5. I downloaded it & after a few times, I jumped when I clicked "cut" & it started cutting! I was shocked! :D The only thing I changed was the pressure for scored lines. I really don't think that did it, but I'm afraid to change it back.
I did cut the file you sent. The only thing is that the whole thing is cut apart. I'm sending a picture to show you what I mean.
50 card 1.jpg
50 card 1.jpg (101.61 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
50 card 2.jpg
50 card 2.jpg (80.65 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Go back and read what I posted when I provided the file. I explain how there are three layers but you will only be using two. I didn't know if your eclips has the option to use a scoring tool, like the newer KNK models.
Sandy McCauley