Black Cat help need Please Pleeps ( Newbie )

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
Honey1601

Black Cat help need Please Pleeps ( Newbie )

Post by Honey1601 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. It all Looks great with lots of info and help.

that there maybe some members that could maybe help me please?

I have a black cat cougar but even after spending hours watching the tutorials on the site I bought it on the UK site.

I still haven't managed to cut anything, a guy I know used it fine so I know that it does work. I'm just not great at reading things as I never seem to grasp what it is I'm learning. I wuld like to watch some tutorials on how to set things up to cut etc

Hope someone can maybe help or point me in the right direction.

I have heard there are some good tutorials on the US sitebut you need to b a member & I feel a cheeky, to ask to become a member as I know there are some pobs between the 2 companies.

I never knew there were 2 sites when I purchased mine. It all gets so confusing when your just learning.

I think I may have been a bit ambitious having a black cat cougar as my first cutter perhaps. :?:
jrichards

Re: Black Cat help need Please Pleeps ( Newbie )

Post by jrichards »

Two suggestions, if you bought it from Thyme get in touch with her. Join the forum and allow the people who have these machines help you answer your questions. There are actually two forums, one there and one in the US. Everyone on these forums will do everything possible to help you. If you didn't buy it from Thyme the person you bought it from sold it illegally and probably is not able to help you. I suggest you get in touch with Thyme and plead insanity so she can assist you.
Jan
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

you don't need to plead insanity. just be honest about where you purchased and if you purchased from the other site (not thymegraphics) then we can still help you but of course it would be limited :)

there are now three forums, the UK one, the USA one and a new OZ one

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
Honey1601

Post by Honey1601 »

dragonlord666 wrote:you don't need to plead insanity. just be honest about where you purchased and if you purchased from the other site (not thymegraphics) then we can still help you but of course it would be limited :)

there are now three forums, the UK one, the USA one and a new OZ one

Gaz
Wow! Welcome to our forum!!

I never claimed insanity nor I did I buy it illegally and I don't appreciate the suggestion that I did. I run my business which has a very good reputation and I would never dream of buying illegal goods.

I thought, I may meet some kindly folk that wouldn't ind sharing their knowledge

I actually purchased it from Colin at the UK site.

I was a little wary of posting anything regarding the relationship between the to companies, as when I emailed the American site to ask if it was OK to join their forum.

I received a reply from a lady saying something about some in - house politics about who has ownership of the Black Cat rites etc..

Nothing really to do with me at all so I did;nt want to be dragged into some argument and did not return.

I was being nice not needy. No problem. I'll contact Colin again. Thanks for your help.
Honey1601

Post by Honey1601 »

:oops: :oops: ompletely misread the reply sorry & Thank you for your help! My day just gets better!

Sincere apologies
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

no harm no foul.

ok so let's start again :)

you purchased from Colin in the UK, sadly that forum is notorious for NOT helping but if you do get help, good on you :)

you can contact Dawn & thymegraphics and let her know you purchased from colin and you can get guest access to the forum where we will all rty to help you as much as possible.

on youttube, I think newbiecat is still there and has a channel that has some videos for the BC & scal. they might get you started.

it's not that hard once you do it, like most things but until it "clicks" we may as well all be speaking Martian.

so first off, you have a black cat and scal3 what computer and operating system (OS) do you have?
this will help us give you info for your setup (or as close as we can get anyway :) )

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

In the first place I never said that you did anything illegal. I said he sold it illegally, quite a difference don't you think? You have no idea how much grief he put Sherri and Thyme through so don't judge the ones of us who have stood by their sides. I am very sorry for you that you hooked up with him and I am also very sorry that you have no sense of humor! Yeah, it has nothing to do with you but everything to do with the person who sold it to you and now won't help you figure out how to make it work. I am very sorry that I took the time to reply at all, I certainly won't make that mistake again!
Jan
Honey1601

Post by Honey1601 »

Hi Jan,

I've apologized and Explained the reasons why I posted the reply I did

I read the replies Upside Down and had not even seen your reply!

Please Try it and see what you would have thought had you read them in the order I had. it was a genuine error!

Like I said the problems with Thyme graphics/ BC/ Colin and whoever is who is nothing to do with me & I am sorry for people if they have lost money or had problems but I'm really Not getting involved with their argument or taking sides.

I do not know these people. I just purchased a cutter in good faith & I'm just looking for a little help not an argument or a history lesson in the BC Ownership issues

I still don't know who owns what or do I care as its Nothing to do with me.

I don't like to involve myself in other peoples lives as I'm quite a private person and would honestly be mortified if I had issues with another company & Found people to be discussing my business problems in a forum.

I wouldn't like it and I don't wish to be seen talking about other people, as its not my style.

I have never judged anyone and I'm a little lost as to why you say that I have judged others?

I'm not a judgmental person & I can only apologize for reading the posts upside down and not seeing your message until after I had replied, which was to late then but I posted again and I apologized immediately after realizing my error

I'm so pleased that Gaz could see that id made a genuine mistake and has Thankfully accepted my apology & We are both moving on :)

I' d hoped that you to would have understood my mistake and accepted my sincere apology but obviously not.

No worries tho your prerogative Hun
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

That's fine but you really need to understand how strong our dislike is for Colin and what he did to our girls. It is not something that we take very lightly and you can not totally leave that out of the equation here since your machine came from him. Please keep this in mind when you are communicating with anyone at the forum. Yes, this does have something to do with you, please recognize that.
Jan
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

OK, so I have no love for Colin and know what happened but as honey as said, she brought the machine in good faith, we have to take it in good faith that that is what happend, I'm sure a lot of people don't know or care the issues and see a machine that does what they want to do. I mean no disrespect by that to Honey. at the end of the day, no matter how I feel about Colin, Honey has a machine and her supplier is giving her no help. (I'm not surprised, a lot of his customers contact Dawn for help but....)

so my feelings toward Colin have not changed but, even Dawn from Thymegraphics, would not turn away Honey - true that on the BC forum, as it's for customers of ThymeGraphics, she would not be granted full access but everyone, inc Dawn, would help her as much as we can. after all we are not his customer service

I think Honey understands our feelings now but as I said, they are NOT, and I speak for myself, toward her - yes, I wish she had purchased from Dawn but what is done, is done and maybe if she ever wants to upgrade at least he is aware of "issues" and can do more research with this info.

SO...TO THE PROBLEM AT HAND...... I read this that Honey is having lots of problems but the main one is getting her cutter to work. once we have communication I think she might be able to make her way. but if the machine and computer/software are not talking, it is frustrating.

so have I got that Right Honey? the BC and computer see to NOT be talking to each other?

Gaz