Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:20 pm 

I'm an embroiderer and have put this Vine font on a pillow sham. I'd like to use the same font for a vinyl wall monogram, but I can't find the font to download. It must be available - I see it a lot on Etsy and Pintrest. I don't mind paying a reasonable price for it. I have the Monogram KK, but it's not exactly what I want. Can anyone help, please?

Thank you!!

Attachments:
vinyl monogram.jpg
vinyl monogram.jpg [ 38.12 KiB | Viewed 756 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:51 am 

HI MIMI, I cannot find this exact one but if you do an internet search for "monogram fonts" there are so many and it just takes a lot of time to sift through them. Here is the link to a bunch of them. Ensure that the font you choose is a TTF other "computer" font, not a special font for embroidery machines.

DID YOU SEE THIS POST? It may help too.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4484

I hope you find it and will share as there has been a lot of interest lately in the "circle" monogram fonts.

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... B715%3B800

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:42 am 

Just checking back to let those interested know that I have not been successful in locating the font file I want. There is one for sale at Font Brothers - Harold's Vine set - but it is six similar fonts for $19.95. I contacted them to see if I could purchase only the one solid font that would be perfect for cutting. The answer was no - only sold in the set. Since I could only use one of the six fonts, the price was more than I wanted to pay.

There is probably a way to create the letters using Inkscape, but I'm not proficient at that yet.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:48 pm 

So... if someone were thinking of driving themselves crazy and trying to create this (repeat trying to create this) font - are there any letters that would be better to do first :)

Gaz

Computer:Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard