NEWBIE..want to try a tshirt...any help is appreciated!

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
thecrystalbeverly

NEWBIE..want to try a tshirt...any help is appreciated!

Post by thecrystalbeverly »

hi!! i am VERY new to scal...just got it for christmas!! :) i was wanting to try to make a tshirt transfer similar to this....but more of an oval shape instead of a circle. ANY AND ALL HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!
gj1

Re: NEWBIE..want to try a tshirt...any help is appreciated!

Post by gj1 »

Welcome to the forum, and please visit the craftedge.com homepage to find all the tutorials which you must watch to get started.
I am so excited for you that you are going to have some fun and great learning with scal and your cutter. Enjoy!

You can use file and trace to get the same outline as what you are looking at(image did not load to forum, but that is okay...it is always the same, usually)...then do not check the keep proportions box on the properties panel and just use the cursor and move the right side inward to create more of an oval than a circle and save the new image for cutting.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
newbiecat

Post by newbiecat »

Hello and welcome to the forum

First I cannot see a link or a picture of what you are referring to so would you try to post either the link or the file again

Second - what are you going to use with the t-shirt - are you going to use a print then transfer material or cut something from vinyl - it is the first no problem - if it is vinyl you will need to reverse the writing before sending it to cut or it will read back to front when applied to the t-shirt

Scal has a lot of inbuilt shapes as part of the product - though any shape can be stretched in either direction to the shape you want
It is very worthwhile watching Leo's excellent videos on the craft edge home page - they are so helpful

good luck
Pandora
Win7, SCAL3.044, Silver Bullet 18" Craft Artist Pro, Photoshop,
thecrystalbeverly

you can tell that i am new to this bc i totally forgot to attach the picture lol!!!! thank you both for the response! :) this is the picture i wanted to try to do on heat transfer vinyl....i have been stalking this forum and i did see that i would have to reverse the image....and i did download a patterned svg that came out rectangular shaped.....and tried to put that in the oval. but the corners of the pattern still showed. not sure if i am making any sense. :shock: again....thank you for your time and help!!!!!!
Attachments
il_170x135.403597475_ehni.jpg
il_170x135.403597475_ehni.jpg (15.64 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I used my chevron pattern to create an oval for you and then there are your letters...you will have to adjust the now oval as you would like it. Put the letters on top and adjust together using your cursor and the arrow on the tools panel and drag the lower right corner or the right side and bottom as you want it to be.

Please show us your tshirt when you are done.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28206&p=109307&hili ... on#p109307

This is the explanation of 'how to'
thecrystalbeverly

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! thank you sooooo much gj1!!!!!! i will def post a pic as soon as i get it done!!!! :)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

As I looked again...perhaps my chevron is too chunky...and the way it is done is double layering the vinyl. Not sure if you want it that way. If you want me to try further...I could work on it more if you are having trouble with it...meaning thin out the chevron and maybe remove a space in the center for the letters so they are not on top of the chevron. Let me know what you think.
thecrystalbeverly

imo....it is PERFECT!!!! and i understand what you are saying about layering the vinyl....thanks to this forum lol!! i am still playing with it and i will post when i get a super cute one done! thank u!!! :D
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Ok...glad it is good...thanks for posting.