Post by Lizza »

Hello to you all!

Where a can find svg files (I download so great files here) ? Thank you
hbennett

Re: where I can find svg files?

Post by hbennett »

Someone posted this site a while back:

http://www.mydiecuts.com/projects/searc ... :downloads

Only a few actually have svg files available for the cuts.

As far as I am aware, svg files are not very readily available on the web - you will either have to make them or sometimes you can buy them from clipart providers.
mydiecuts

Post by mydiecuts »

A better link to MyDieCuts is this:

http://www.mydiecuts.com/projects/search?q=sw%3Asvg

This shows the 116 projects that have svg files 8-)

If you have an svg that you would like to share with other cutter owners, you can upload your svg on MyDieCuts!

Dan
MyDieCuts site owner
jancy

Post by jancy »

mydiecuts wrote:A better link to MyDieCuts is this:

http://www.mydiecuts.com/projects/search?q=sw%3Asvg

This shows the 116 projects that have svg files 8-)

If you have an svg that you would like to share with other cutter owners, you can upload your svg on MyDieCuts!

Dan
MyDieCuts site owner
you have a shamrock circle frame on your website that appears to be a file that I made.

Please remove it immediately. You do not have my permission to post my files on your website. You may not post any of my files to your website.
mydiecuts

Post by mydiecuts »

jancy wrote:you have a shamrock circle frame on your website that appears to be a file that I made.

Please remove it immediately. You do not have my permission to post my files on your website. You may not post any of my files to your website.
Hi, Jancy

Actually, the shamrock file that you are talking about has been on MyDieCuts since 23 February, 2007. I saw your posting was dated around 25th February 2008.

This svg file is actually a single character from a dingbat font. Neither you nor my artist (who uploaded the file) added anything to it - you just used the font in Inkscape and converted it to a path. So, the copyright holder is actually the font creator.

I take copyright very seriously. My site is the only one I know of that _requires_ people to set the copyright for every project they create on the site, and I define what the copyrights actually mean.

I would never take someone's work w/o their permission and post it. If any of my users do, I will remove it. But in this case, you don't appear to be the original artist.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Dan
jancy

Post by jancy »

mydiecuts wrote:
jancy wrote:you have a shamrock circle frame on your website that appears to be a file that I made.

Hi, Jancy

Actually, the shamrock file that you are talking about has been on MyDieCuts since 23 February, 2007. I saw your posting was dated around 25th February 2008.

This svg file is actually a single character from a dingbat font. Neither you nor my artist (who uploaded the file) added anything to it - you just used the font in Inkscape and converted it to a path. So, the copyright holder is actually the font creator.

I take copyright very seriously. My site is the only one I know of that _requires_ people to set the copyright for every project they create on the site, and I define what the copyrights actually mean.

I would never take someone's work w/o their permission and post it. If any of my users do, I will remove it. But in this case, you don't appear to be the original artist.

Dan
Dan, the file on your site shows modifications to that file on March 6, 2008, other than that, I have no way of knowing otherwise and it would be logical for me to think that the file on your site was taken from here.

the shamrocks in the file on your site line up with the file I made---again leading me to believe it is indeed the file I made. I did NOT make the file from a dingbat font. I made that file from a single image of the shamrocks, duplicated the shamrocks & placed them randomly in a circle. So yes, I am the original artist to the file that I made/put together & posted here. I did not claim copyright, I merely stated that I wanted my file removed from your site because I believe it to be either the file I made.

*Please* pardon my skepticism, but if I placed mine radomly by hand, it would be impossible to have them in the exact place as a dingbat font---I'm far from an expert in graphic design & only eyeball my designs.

I'd love to see that dingbat font to put my mind at ease about this. Please post a link to it here or feel free to forward it to me. It would make me feel so much better should all this be a case of creative minds thinking alike.

thanks.
Last edited by jancy on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robbysmommyga

Post by Robbysmommyga »

jancy wrote:
mydiecuts wrote:

Hi, Jancy

Dan
Dan, the file on your site shows modifications to that file on March 6, 2008, other than that, I have no way of knowing otherwise.

the shamrocks in the file on your site line up exactly with the file I made. I did NOT make the file from a dingbat font. I made that file from a single image of the shamrocks, duplicated the shamrocks & placed them randomly in a circle.

Please pardon my skepticism, but if I placed mine radomly by hand, it would be impossible to have them in the exact place as a dingbat font.

I'd love to see that dingbat font to put my mind at ease about this. Please post a link to it here or feel free to forward it to me.
Dan,

I can atest to this as well. I downloaded Jancy's file from this board when she posted it. I then went to your site (very nice I might add) and downloaded debi's file she posted. I too thought it was odd that the file I downloaded here and the file I downloaded on your sight when opened together line up perfectly, except that is was tweaked a bit and the inner circle in Jancy's file was removed.

Just thought I would let you know that I thought it odd as well. We spend a lot of time designing our files, and it's a shame that someone would actually copyright it on your site inappropriately.

I would hate not be able to view/download Jancy's files because of this.

Lisa
Laurieinaz

Post by Laurieinaz »

Dan, I've downloaded several svg files from your site. Thank you for making them available. I've posted several files on this MB but have noticed that not a lot of people are sharing their cut files here. I'd be happy to send you some of mine as I make them, but how do I go about doing that? Is it some sort of group that you join?
mydiecuts

Post by mydiecuts »

jancy wrote: Dan, the file on your site shows modifications to that file on March 6, 2008, other than that, I have no way of knowing otherwise and it would be logical for me to think that the file on your site was taken from here.
Jan,

The file on your system shows that date because that's when you downloaded it from MyDieCuts! I keep track of when files are uploaded to my site, and this project hasn't been modified since early 2007.
jancy wrote: the shamrocks in the file on your site line up with the file I made---again leading me to believe it is indeed the file I made. I did NOT make the file from a dingbat font. I made that file from a single image of the shamrocks, duplicated the shamrocks & placed them randomly in a circle. So yes, I am the original artist to the file that I made/put together & posted here. I did not claim copyright, I merely stated that I wanted my file removed from your site because I believe it to be either the file I made.

*Please* pardon my skepticism, but if I placed mine radomly by hand, it would be impossible to have them in the exact place as a dingbat font---I'm far from an expert in graphic design & only eyeball my designs.
I too am skeptical that you laid it out by hand, placed the elements randomly, and came up in the same place as a font that I can verify has been out there since 2003. But I suppose anything is possible.
jancy wrote: I'd love to see that dingbat font to put my mind at ease about this. Please post a link to it here or feel free to forward it to me. It would make me feel so much better should all this be a case of creative minds thinking alike.
http://www.specialtyfonts.com/stpat/dings.htm . It's called Willie Mac St Paddys, and the ding is character 'e'.

Here is a low-quality image from the site: http://www.specialtyfonts.com/stpat/din ... harset.jpg

To be clear, I don't have a problem with your file...I just don't think that I should remove the shamrock frame project from MyDieCuts based on what I am seeing in this case.

I also don't want people to get the impression that my site is a place to steal designs and re-post them. We have been operating for more than a year, and this is the first complaint. I will look into every complaint and be as fair as possible. It would be no big impact to me to remove the shamrock frame project from MyDieCuts. However it would not be fair to the artist who uploaded it, since she did so a full year prior to your posting.

Thanks,

Dan
mydiecuts

Post by mydiecuts »

Laurieinaz wrote:Dan, I've downloaded several svg files from your site. Thank you for making them available. I've posted several files on this MB but have noticed that not a lot of people are sharing their cut files here. I'd be happy to send you some of mine as I make them, but how do I go about doing that? Is it some sort of group that you join?
Yes, you can go to http://www.mydiecuts.com/profile/create and create an account.

After you do this, you can upload your files. I have written a step-by-step tutorial on how to upload a file (http://www.mydiecuts.com/project/viewer/2), but it isn't hard.

Once you do this, people can use your files (according to the copyright you specify), and MyDieCuts will keep track of how many have downloaded it, and other members can rate it.

With your new account, you can rate other files, as well. I am sure that the creators of the files you have downloaded would love to hear your feedback!

Dan