Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Post by sstehman »

Suggest you go to CraftEdge main page and go to the support area. Support is still be provided through Dec of this year for those owning SCAL 2.
Sandy in PA
jace5814

Post by jace5814 »

Can someone answer this for me? I have only installed SCAL 2 on my desktop. I would like to know if I can still install it onto my laptop or am I too late? Thanks Michelle
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I believe you can move it...not have on both...and you will need to contact support probably...as it will state that it is registered to another computer. Send them an email through the support page and they will let you know.

http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Yes you can have it on two computers at the same time.
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

I have a new CD copy of SCAL 2 I bought in Dec. (way before cut off date) And never installed it.

Will this install and be functional to cut to the "Machine" that is now not supported.

Will the serial number code be able to be activated?

need to know ASAP!

Thanks
Sharon
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I would say "yes".
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

Thank for the reply.

I still have not heard back from CraftEdge support. But I did hear back from SVG cuts where I got this and Leo assures me that this is still good and will activate. And he is offering to help get it activated if there are any issues. So this is good to know, if any others have the same issue.

Craft Edge website says it will support SCAL 2 till December. Not sure what will happen after that.

Sharon
RVthereyet

Post by RVthereyet »

I still have freezing issues with SCAL2. At one time there was an update to 2.041 that was made to stop the cliches, but I can np longer find it. Can you emaul it to me please?
I am hoping to be able to buy a new machine that supports SCAL 3 after the new year, I am retired and on a fixed income, can anyone suggest a machine that is easy to use and will cut 12/24?
Thank you for your help.
chouse

Post by chouse »

Is there anyone who might have an extra copy of scal 2 that I could purchase? I have looked on ebay and have found nothing. If you do please let me know. Thanks!
ms12

Post by ms12 »

I am also having some problems with SCAL. I am trying to open a file for a purse from the "themes -- for her delight" to cut but I believe the issue is the version. Does anyone have a copy of the last update for scal 2 that was I believe the update to 2.041 version. The other files from themes work fine, but just this one doesn't. It shows that the file opens, but there is nothing there! And I need the purse desperately - it is so cute! - Can someone help? Please email me with the link if you would.... TIA