Bunting?

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
Shoplime

Bunting?

Post by Shoplime »

Hello, I'm new to the forum and to SCAL. I need to find out how/where I can make/find "bunting" for several projects I am working on for my wedding. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Sharon
AnointedHands

Re: Bunting?

Post by AnointedHands »

I am confused. The only bunting I know of is the stuff you use to make stuff fluffy (like the inside of a sleeping bag)...are you talking about something that can be cut with the Cricut?
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
raewyn64

Post by raewyn64 »

Bunting is also the little flag like things that you see the English hanging around thier town squares or streets when they were having celebrations like when the war finished.
Not that I can help the original question though sorry.

Raewyn
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Here's Wikipedia's definitition:

* Bunting (bird), a group of birds
* An infant sleeping bag
* The act of laying down a bunt, a type of offensive play in baseball
* A lightweight cloth material often used for flags and festive decorations (American). In the United Kingdom, refers to strings of brightly coloured flags often with the Union Jack upon them used to add colour to street parties, fetes, patriotic events (Royal Weddings) etc
* Bye, baby bunting, a nursery rhyme

I only knew of bunting as in baby bunting, referred to as an infant sleeping bag.
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

OK, so Shopline, are you trying to make cloth flags or paper flags. If cloth, you will probably have to make it stiff like paper by using some type of fusing (I was a seamstress in a previous life) and then you can probably cut with Cricut.

I have also seen some fabric paper in the craft store. It was about $10 for 3 sheets.

If you have a photo we can probably work at converting it for you and you can take it from there.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
Shoplime

Post by Shoplime »

Sorry to be confusing :oops: . I want to make a replica of bunting like that which hangs in streets for parties, etc. but in paper.
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Could you make triangles and rectangles in different colors and in stripes?
Shoplime

Post by Shoplime »

oh, I think the rectangles may give it the pizaaz I need. I'll have to have a play and see what it looks like. :)