How to change a double line cut to a single line cut

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
dddemauro

How to change a double line cut to a single line cut

Post by dddemauro »

I purchased an SVG file and cuts when it cuts it as a double line edge , I would like it to cut as a single line edge . When the ECLIPS cuts it out it is always choppy and I think if I cut it as a single line it will cut perfectly I purchased 3 different patterns. I will attach the files Each one has an offset but that is not the double I am talking about. when I break apar :( t the file you can see what I am talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by dddemauro on Wed May 24, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: How to change a double line cut to a single line cut

Post by HeatherM »

I would contact the seller of the files and have them fix it. Best guess is that they converted a stroke to path so that older systems that can't cut open paths can cut it. I know how to fix it in Inkscape, but I'm not sure how to do it in SCAL.

If these were purchased files you should delete the files from your original post as they shouldn't be shared.
dddemauro

Post by dddemauro »

Thank you, I deleted the files. I do not know how to use Inkscape, I will try to contact the person I purchased them from and see if she would be willing to correct the problem
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I saw your other post where you are asking about the knife tool. Wouldn't that work to separate the edges into two pieces so that you can delete one?
dddemauro

Post by dddemauro »

I tried but because it is not straight, but curved lines I even tried the crop option to no avail.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

If it were me... and I have run into this issue in the past... I would replace them with my own Bezier curves and lines. That way you can then set those lines to cut dashed. Using the Bezier tool is fairly easy... just takes a little practice to master it.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/