Tiling Tutorial?

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
KatieD

Tiling Tutorial?

Post by KatieD »

Are there any other tutorials for the tiling feature? I'm trying to cut a 48" w x 37" h design and I split the design and it only cut 3 sides. The side where I split it, it is left open with no cut line. :( Also, I'm coming from silhouette studio where I was allowed to arrange my "tiled" pieces on my mat any way I wish. I'm cutting a large horse, and it's divided at the legs, so I have the big body piece and a couple small pieces for the legs. It looks like I have no control over where the smaller pieces cut-so they will cut 18" apart from each other which will waste a ton of vinyl.

Help!
papasue

Re: Tiling Tutorial?

Post by papasue »

Hi, it would help if you tell us what version of scal, on what computer, what cutter you are using. Also a pic of your image, or the file itself will help diagnose your problem.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
KatieD

Re: Tiling Tutorial?

Post by KatieD »

I am using SCAL PRO 4, on a mac book pro, cutting on USCutter SC 34". This is the end result I am trying to achieve. To get this job done, I had to use Silhouette Studio software to divide the design and then use an online converter to convert it to an svg file and then re-open it in SCAL to be able to cut it on my 34" cutter.
Attachments
horse2.jpg
horse2.jpg (70.99 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
horse.jpg
horse.jpg (34.37 KiB) Viewed 3168 times