Cut Designs from SCAL3 (or higher) With SCAL2 for Cricut

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
craftedge
Site Admin

Cut Designs from SCAL3 (or higher) With SCAL2 for Cricut

Post by craftedge »

SCAL 2 was the last version of our software that was capable of cutting directly with a Cricut cutter. You can use newer versions of SCAL to take advantage of additional features added to create your design. Then when you are ready to cut your design, you can send it to SCAL 2 for cutting.

First use SCAL 3 or higher to create your design

Start Sure Cuts A Lot 2 if it is not already running. Then choose Send To -> Sure Cuts A Lot 2 from the File menu.

Your design should now be transferred over to SCAL2 and ready for cutting

If the design is not transferring, please try to download and install Sure Cuts A Lot 2 again from here.
http://www.craftedge.com/updates

Then after installing, run Sure Cuts A Lot 2 at least once so the preferences get updated and then try to Send to SCAL2 again.
JoatmonCreations

Re: Cut Designs from SCAL3 (or higher) With SCAL2 for Cricut

Post by JoatmonCreations »

I am responding to a post that is years old, but hoping it still gets monitored :-) I love that I can download higher versions of SCAL and send the files to my SCAL2 for cutting on my Cricut. I am thinking of also downloading the app for my Android and iPad so I can design on the go. Can I also somehow send these files to SCAL2 on my Windows computer for cutting at a later time?

Thanks!