Print + Cut Outline (Contour Cut)

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
craftedge
Site Admin

Print + Cut Outline (Contour Cut)

Post by craftedge »

This will show you how to cut around a design.

In this example, we will use a snowman from the Winter shapes in SCAL4/eCAL2.

If you do a Preview to see the lines that will be cut, you will see every part of the design (hat, eyes, nose, buttons) will be cut out which we do not want to do as we want to print out the snowman design and cut around it.

To set set this up, choose Shadow Layer (Contour Cut) under the Effects menu.

Set the Size to 0 and check the Print+Cut Outline checkbox. This will generate a layer that has the outline of the design and will set the Cut Line type to Print+Cut Cut so that it will only be cut and not print. With the Print+Cut Outlines checkbox checked, this will set the original design to Print+Cut Print which will only print and not cut.

If you want a border around the printed design, you can increase the Size value.

After you click ok, you can see in the Layers window that a new Shadow Layer was added.
If you select the original Snowman layer, you can see the Cut Line Type is set to Print+Cut Print so that it wil only print and not cut.

If you select the new Shadow layer that was added, you can see the Cut Line type is set to Print+Cut Cut so that it will not print, but will cut.

And now if you do a Preview to Show Cut lines, you will now see that only the outline will be cut.

jonesusthree

Re: Print + Cut Outline (Contour Cut)

Post by jonesusthree »

following
cpking

Post by cpking »

its good tutorial i will follow in step by step thanks for your effort.
sophiamia

Post by sophiamia »

Adding Drop Shadow, Inner Shadow and Stroke layer in GIMP are very simple.

]To add drop shadow to the photo in GIMP,select your image and go to Filter>Drop shadow. Press ok to add drop shadow.

For Inner shadow, first make the selection. Invert the selection. Open the drop shadow tools and change the values. Unselect everything. Make a selection around the inner shadow edges and crop the selection.

For adding stroke, go to layer and take a text layer. Put the text layer into transparent layer. Select the path and click on grow selection. Set the amount of the selection and press ok. Select any of the color as stroke of the toolbox and press ok.
Background Removal Services](BRS) is one of the best Clipping path service provider around the world. We offer our global customers.
jogeshocp

Post by jogeshocp »

Very helpful tutorial. I followed every step by step very carefully. It will help me a lot.
flyred77

Post by flyred77 »

I am learning so much from this forum. I do use the manual, but it can be a hard search looking for this stuff!

Thank you so much!
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Hopefully this is the manual you're using?

https://www.iloveknk.com/0um/SCAL5/SCAL ... Manual.pdf

I realize it's tough knowing what word or term to enter when searching for a particular answer. So, I'm ALWAYS happy to help readers find which section they need. Just post here at the forum and I'll see it or, if you're on Facebook, there are some very active SCAL groups there. Here's one of them:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LearnCr ... eCutsALot/
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
sumoncpk

Post by sumoncpk »

All are effective discuss. Good tutorial.