send to scal2

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
bkoye

send to scal2

Post by bkoye »

There's an option in SCAL3 to send to SCAL2. I've tried to use it and am unsure how to get it to work.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy
papasue

Re: send to scal2

Post by papasue »

Kathy, all you have to do us rename the file from file name.scut3 to file name.scut2. The file will open in scal2. Another way is to open in scal3 and save as scal2

Or just change the 3 to a 2. No need to open it just in the file directory.

Try it.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
bkoye

Post by bkoye »

Thanks. I don't have the option to save as scut2....maybe I should look into that.

Kathy
papasue

Post by papasue »

DRAT....it used to work. I tried it and rename no longer works to do that. SORRY.

You might try doing a screen capture of the scut3 image and with the png/jpg file you could open in scal2 and trace. Other than that I don't know. Technology moves on and leaves some of us behind :cry:
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I don't have SCAL3 or SCAL2 on this computer to test things out, but when I was using Windows 7 for some reason a file needed for the Inkscape/Illustrator send-to plug ins wouldn't install. I had to copy it from one of the other versions. Your problem could be the same thing. You should contact Craft Edge to see if they can figure it out.

You should be able to find your file with your computer's file browser and change the extension there so that you can use it in SCAL2. I would copy the file first just in case.
bkoye

Post by bkoye »

I can save as an svg but I have to put all the layers on the screen....sigh....

Kathy
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I powered up my Win7 laptop and gave this a try. I could not use the menu selection in the current version of SCAL3 to send to SCAL2. I tried with and without SCAL2 open.

I was able to change the file type to scut2 through Windows Explorer and open in SCAL2. All of the cut lines looked correct. My embedded images didn't carry over correctly, but I'm not sure that was a feature in SCAL2.