Rhinestone and vinyl

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
Moosh23

Rhinestone and vinyl

Post by Moosh23 »

I am new to scal in every way. I want to design something with vinyl in the middle and rhinestones on the outside. How can I go about doing that? When go to rhinestone it makes everything stones. HEEEEELLLLLPPPP.. lol thanks
Attachments
looking to make a design like this with scal.
looking to make a design like this with scal.
mttjSy8Ldmbt20tJeKjXaNQ.jpg (18.71 KiB) Viewed 3071 times
Last edited by Moosh23 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papasue

Re: Rhinestone and vinyl

Post by papasue »

Hi, forgive me but I'm old and slow but I cannot visualize what is happening and what you want to accomplish. Can you post the file you have so we can see it. I'm guessing that you have two images the outer one you want to have the rhinestones around and an inner one that you want solid and they are "connected" some way which would make the rhinestone feature to work on both, but not sure.

Help will come if we can see what you want
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Moosh23

Post by Moosh23 »

papasue wrote:Hi, forgive me but I'm old and slow but I cannot visualize what is happening and what you want to accomplish. Can you post the file you have so we can see it. I'm guessing that you have two images the outer one you want to have the rhinestones around and an inner one that you want solid and they are "connected" some way which would make the rhinestone feature to work on both, but not sure.

Help will come if we can see what you want
The picture is provided above. I want to create a file with rhinestones on the outside of the the vinyl.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I can help with the Big Letters even tho I don't have the right font, but I don't have a thin font for the Texas Aggies.

*Type the A T M and ungroup so each letter is selectable individually and size as you want them

*Select each letter separately and make a shadow outline size it as looks good to you

*Select each shadow layer separately and apply the rhinestone function ensure that fill shape is unchecked

*To move, delete any stones that you don't want or are overlapping. Select the group of stone and "ungroup". Now you can select them individually and move or delete. Group or merge when you like the shape.
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 1.43.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 1.43.49 PM.png (55.44 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
Maybe someone will come along with a solution for the Texas Aggies or maybe with the above suggestions you can get it done.

Let me know if this work for you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Moosh23

Post by Moosh23 »

Thank you all... It really helps...