Nodes question / help

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
mrfibble

Nodes question / help

Post by mrfibble »

I am using SCAL 3 and using an online converter to make my SVG files

when I import the SVG file and use tools - Shape tool to edit the nodes no nodes show up now I know they are there as the design cuts out

any help in getting the nodes to show up would be great :) ( btw SCAL3 is great as its allowing me to make decals for animal centers we help with :) )

cheers

David C
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Nodes question / help

Post by sstehman »

can you post the file so we can take a look at it (if it is not a copyright image).
Sandy in PA
papasue

Post by papasue »

Did you try the path/simplify. It is used to see all the nodes and reduce them. If you select the element and do a path/simplify and a window doesn't pop up showing nodes now and after than I would think that something is wrong with the svg file.

Also you could make a bitmap copy of your file and bring it into SCAL with "trace bitmap" and see if that converts it to a scal file.

I'm curious about this so I'd appreciate hearing what you learn. And yes if you could post the file that would make it easier to diagnose.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mrfibble

Post by mrfibble »

VW.svg
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
the nodes show up in the PATH/SIMPLIFY pop up window but not in the main window as in one image I was manually moving/deleting nodes to make the image smoother etc

all the files i'm using have been converted with the same online converter yet its hit of miss whether or not the nodes show up in the main window
papasue

Post by papasue »

I downloaded your svg file and opened in eCal and yes no nodes show upon selection. BUT if you "ungroup" the elements then you are able to see and edit the nodes at least in eCAL. :D
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mrfibble

Post by mrfibble »

cheers papasue that seems to have helped alot :) ill eventually get at least a basic knowledge of how this works :) as long as I can do the cat decals everything else is a bonus :)

cheers :)