help Rhinestone question

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
grammakd

help Rhinestone question

Post by grammakd »

I want to make a Small rhinestone template 2 1/2 inches to 2 3/4 inches . I have tried several times and either the picture of the rhinestones comes out jumbled or the holes are way too small. I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have made other templates before so I am familar with SCAL 3.0 . Anyone know how to get my sizing right?
Its a devil mascot design that my grandaughter wants me to do. Not even anything complicated.
papasue

Re: help Rhinestone question

Post by papasue »

Hi, without violating someone's copyright can you post the file, or a link to where it can be found. That would make it easier to diagnose.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

are you selecting the right size stones?
it's easy to forget this step sometimes

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
grammakd

Post by grammakd »

Thank You All for trying to help but I found a website that has the Exact Devil Image in 2 1/2 inches. Yippee!!!! So I am just going to order it instead of giving myself this headache trying to make it myself.
I can do the words fine. Its the image with the rhinestones that gets jumbled.
I do have a chart for the Stone Sizes but the I can't get the spacing right. I'm not giving up, I have done peace signs , hearts ,stars , christmas things but they were all basic simple shapes and so is this devil but for some reason its giving me problems. Maybe that is a sign that I should just order it. LOL! :lol:
Thanks Again for your Help!
Have a Fantastic Day!
Karen
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

just thought, if the image is raster image (jpg, png etc) it won't work, you need to trace it first.
then, once traced, it might be worth doing colours in stone not the whole thing.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
grammakd

Post by grammakd »

It's a jpeg image, I traced it and I think I got it worked out now. AFTER I ordered it, gheez!) Oh Well ! My spacing was just off, I spaced it one click at a time until I got it right. II don't need it now though. Maybe I'll start on some early christmas gifts.
Thanks for the Help!