Glow in the dark heat transfer paper - HELP

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
TheLadyWolf
Location: Washington, SAHM, Cricut Expression, SCAL 2.0, Savvy with Inkscape and creating new SVGs

Glow in the dark heat transfer paper - HELP

Post by TheLadyWolf »

Hi,
A friend sent me her hoodies and some glow in the dark heat transfer paper. Her request is to have me use my cutting machine to cut out letters and iron on to her hoodies.

I am clueless... I tried going to Youtube for any helpful tutorials -- Sadly, I am deaf and there are no subtitles to help me. So if anyone out there acutally know how this works, please describe the steps I will need to do in order to get this on the hoodies.

This Glow in the dark transfer paper, is also a printable one (I am not intending to use my printer), and it's smooth on one side, rough on another. I have no idea which side to cut on, and if the letters need to be reversed? She gave me limited supply so I don't have much room to for trial and error. So, right now, I am gathering all the information I can get to get started correctly.

Any feedback will be GREATLY appreicated!!!
talanhart

Re: Glow in the dark heat transfer paper - HELP

Post by talanhart »

Yes, you do cut the letters in reverse. The vinyl should be on some smooth clear plastic which makes it easy to place the vinyl on your material ( you can actually see how it looks). I use parchment paper and an iron set on Cotton to transfer the vinyl. Make sure all the plastic is covered by the Parchment paper so you don't have anything melting onto your iron. My HTV transfers in about 10 -20 seconds depending on the size of the cut. I then peal away the clear plastic and then I put the parchment paper right on top of the HTV and I iron it again for about 20 seconds to set it into the fabric. Your vinyl may not transfer as quickly as mine and you might have to set it longer. If you aren't sure, look at it every 10 seconds or so. It's really not that hard to do and I'm sure you will catch on quickly.
Todd
TheresaTT

Re: Glow in the dark heat transfer paper - HELP

Post by TheresaTT »

good job Todd, also, you will have to press pretty hard if you are not using a heat press. Before i got my press, i would place something solid on the floor and press down there since it is more sturdy than an ironing board.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro