GSD to SVG conversion

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
Spiffie

GSD to SVG conversion

Post by Spiffie »

Is there any new way to convert GSD files to SVG? I have read a few instructions on saving "screen shots" but this hasn't worked for me. I have several files from my silhouette that I would like to use, but it doesn't seem possible. I also tried converting some free clip art, but the cuts don't always work.

Thanks for any help!
talanhart

Re: GSD to SVG conversion

Post by talanhart »

I'm not sure what a GSD file is, but if you are using a screen shot, you will have to eventually convert that file into a BItmap (BMP) so Inkscape can convert it to vectors. You will need Photoshop or something similar. The problem with screenshots is the resolution. The higher the resolution, the better the results. Most screen shots are pretty low in resolution. Send me the file that you have and I will let you know if it can be converted.

PM me or upload the file here and I will download it.
Todd
Nelliesil

Post by Nelliesil »

Hi,
I hope this help you.
Nellie
Attachments
Convert GSD files.zip
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
scrapbookadd

Post by scrapbookadd »

I attempted to unzip the file How to convert GSD to SVG, but it is a ".docx" format which my computer cannot open. What program created the file? I would love to read it because I have been trying to convert some files with no success. Thanks. Vickie
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

this is what the file says: I opened it in Microsoft Office. It looks like you still have to have the robomaster on your computer.

Great news!!! I have found software that helps convert some sinple gsd files to svg format...I have been buys changing some...it does take a little work but it is doable.

Here is a free software to download http://www.nitropdf.com/primopdf you open your robomaster, the design...break it apart, (ungroup) then select them all, make them small in upper left corner of page, and then print to this program which converts them to a pdf file, (adobe acrobat) then you choose edit, copy to clip board, open paint, paste it there and save as a bmp and voila, you can then import it into inkscape and convert to gsd...you will need to remove double lines on some of it...that is a little tricky...some files have been easy to do, others I can't quite get the double lines gone.
Good Luck
Diane

http://www.filehippo.com/download_primopdf/
btails

Post by btails »

microsoft office word document opens my files..
Nelliesil

Post by Nelliesil »

Hi to all,
I have another tutorial that will explain how to convert GSD files to SVG files, but it's too big to share with the group. It's about 5 pages long. If you would like, I will share with you all via e-mail.
Nellie

Hi to all,
My computer crashed a couple of months ago. I lost all my files, I'm sorry!!! I'm not going to be able to share this Convert GSD files to SVG files anymore. :cry:

Nellie
Last edited by Nelliesil on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

.docx is a new ms word format that older versions of word cannot open. You should be able to download a utility from the ms site that lets you open the new file format so you might try that in the future. Also, people with new versions of word may want to save as the old .doc format when sharing files for maximum compatibility.