Scal3 and Ecal

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
Tam

Scal3 and Ecal

Post by Tam »

Friends can someone tell me if Scal 3 and Ecal are the same except for the drivers or the Eclips. I have both softwares installed and not sure I need them both. I know I have to have my Ecal because of cutting with my Sizzix. Just wondering.
Thanks
Tam
Tam
gj1

Re: Scal3 and Ecal

Post by gj1 »

Not sure there is a reason to have scal3 if you use ecal...they are the same, I believe. HOWEVER, I am not an authority on this, as I don't have ecal. You might want to wait for someone else's response, too. BTT for answer, please.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Tam

Post by Tam »

U know I can find nothing different in the two programs other than my eCal has the drivers to cut to my Eclips. O and you can only cut to the Eclips with eCal and wit Scal3 you can cut to your other cutters, like my Cameo. So I guess it is good to have both if needed.
Tam
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

You are correct Tam - Ecal and SCAL 3 are similar - Ecal only works with the Sizzix Eclips. You'll need the SCAL 3 to use with other cutters.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Thank you, Amy, for jumping in and responding...I was not certain. By the way...omg, I love all your creations using svgcuts, on your blog!!! AWESOME!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Tam

Post by Tam »

TY Amy I was almost sure that was the reason...But glad u chimmed in to let us know for sure..
Thanks
Tam