Before I begin...

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
Le@nne

Before I begin...

Post by Le@nne »

Has anyone had any problems with SCAL causing the Cricut to slow down or any other problems Cricut related?

I got DS with my Cricut Creat. I uploaded DS as the one I received with my Cricut was the old version and needed updating to work with the Create.
Then I read somewhere that the new version will hinder SCAL. Do I need to unload it ? or are the two programs mutually exclusive - as long as I have 1.51v of the create?

I am really scared to download SCAL as my Create is only two days old. Should I be worried?

What is the most important thing I need to know to get started?
Maybe I should get to know my Cricut/Cartridge first? I found DS really hard to use - will SCAL be easier?

lovebeingamom

Re: Before I begin...

Post by lovebeingamom »

As far as I know, all the new updates are compatible with both programs. I have to tell you, with all the WONDERFUL AND AMAZING people on this board scal has been no problem to learn. You just take it slow at first and then it all falls into place. I thought inkscape would be difficult and at first it was very intimidating but I gave it some time and now it is great! I NEVER us DS or carts anymore.
Enjoy!!! :D