Image Files - Can You Help?

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
KMCROTON

Image Files - Can You Help?

Post by KMCROTON »

I have downloaded files and when I'm in SCAL I click on the folder I want (i.e., animals) and it tells me the folder is empty. However, if I go to "documents, SVG files, Animals, it brings up all the images while I'm not in SCAL. Why would this happen or what am I doing wrong? Can anyone help? Thank You.
Kate
TOASTER

Re: Image Files - Can You Help?

Post by TOASTER »

I'm not very technical but...when you are in SCAL go to files, click on Import to get svg files. The folder should pop up and you can choose the file. If you made a file and saved it the file is a scut which means you go to files, click open and your scut files should appear.

Now after saying that...I save my files to my desktop and some times after I click on Import I get a window where I have to choose desktop then choose my svg folder.

I hope this helps if this is even what you are asking!
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Even when I import, sometimes SCAL does not bring my images in. I think it is because I have them in a top level folder and then have category folders within that and then the file in the category folder. I don't think it can find it's way through my folders. The irony is it does not happen all the time.

Anyway, sometimes I need to put the file I want on my desktop and then it imports perfectly.
Sandy in PA
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I 'NEVER' use 'import'...lol, always 'OPEN'. hmmm.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

PS: What kind of images are you trying to bring into scal? Are they .svg's, .scuts, or picture files?

Sorry, I see, .svg's...ok, do you have Inkscape...you could download free INKSCAPE and see if they open there.