lost my fonts

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
dimahi

lost my fonts

Post by dimahi »

I just updated my SCAL, and now the only font that shows up in my font display is Arial and then all kinds of boxes. I have Font Xplorer open and I have no other idea how to get all of my fonts to show up in my SCAL. I was at a Crop and wanted to show people how great the program is, and I was so embarrassed, cos I couldn't figure out how I lost them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Diane
If possible could you email me at dimahi59@yahoo.com
chiddy

Re: lost my fonts

Post by chiddy »

Not sure what happened. I know that Arial is the default font, so it will usually be the first one to show up if you are just typing characters once you open SCAL. Do you have the box with the fonts listed on your screen when you open SCAL? If not you can bring it back by opening the window. You can resize the box/window to make it larger/smaller to see the font list more easily by grabbing an edge of the font window box list. The several boxes you see should include the font/shapes table. The drop-down menu options at the top of the SCAL screen like FILE, HELP, etc. will have more options for you, including Restore Defaults. You can try this if your program used to show you what you expected to see, but doesn't now.
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Are your fonts still installed on your computer? Assuming you use Windows, check your windows/fonts folder. Better yet, download and use a free font management program like AMP Font Viewer or The Font Thing. Both of those will let you see all your system's fonts and scroll down through them.

If your missing are all there on your system, it's possible your SCA installation is corrupted somehow. You might try uninstalling it from add/remove programs and then reinstall it. Back up your data files first.

A side benefit of using a font manager program is your system can run much better with less fonts installed. Having hundreds of fonts installed on your computer can slow it down big time because programs load all those fonts just in case they need them. That uses up resources. With a font manager, you can unload all but a few fonts you use a lot, but also be able to quickly load the funky fonts temporarily when you need them. When you're done, you just unload them again. A font manager can be a life saver when you deal with a lot of fonts!
That's not cat hair; those are embellishments.
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
iowascrapmouse

Post by iowascrapmouse »

Guess I should have read this forum before I sent an email to Creative Edge....duh.
I was sooooooooooo frustrated, but now it makes some sense...thanx