Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:18 am 

jasenj1 wrote:
Our machine likes Y Offset: 20, X Scale: 3.0.
I did a print & cut paper toy that came out very nice. I'll try to post a pic soon.

Yes, having to reset it every time is a big :cry:

- Jasen.

It would be nice if we could open the program in Notepad and do some re-writing of the program so it wouldn't have to be reset every time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:37 am 

The settings for landscape and portrait may not be the same for mine, if that helps. Make sure you didn't change that for your cut.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:11 pm 

I set a sheet of images and after every cut, I'd hit "cancel", adjust callibration, hide that cut on the SCAL mat, then click cut again to let it cut the next. This removed any user error of removing and replacing the mat, and saved some time. Very useful tips. Thanks for sharing!

It's so easy to check the calibration, i can see just making sure I have some multiples so I can adjust the callibration depending on the job. At l last I'm close with my numbers now!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 am 

for flrhcarr,

This is an old thread about placement of paper on the mat for print and cut with the cricut E. Not sure if it will help you or not, and there have been quite a few tutorials for this done since. I can not direct you to them, but perhaps others can. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:07 pm 

I realize I'm very late to this party, but it was the only forum I could find on this topic. I tried calibrating my baby bug and the template printed out with an arrow and the lines to try and set up the cutting. I now have an Expression and when I attempt to print the template to start the calibration process all that prints is the arrow, no registration lines. Any thoughts? I'm hoping that somebody sees this. Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:50 am 

Looked ok on the test paper on the mat until I went to do a print and cut, printed the pic, placed in correct position on mat, set the calibration and cut but still way off :?
It would appear to be a problem with the horizontal scale but each time I do a test cut it all lines up with the grid at the above settings.
Think I will carry on with the hinge method for the time being :roll: :mrgreen: