how to change a heart

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
andienichols

how to change a heart

Post by andienichols »

I have a heart that I want to change how it looks. I bring up the heart and want to square off the bottom of it and then make the dip more curvy like. I have tried moving the nodes, but that is not working. I can make the u shape that I want but I can't get rid of the pointing v part at the top of the heart. Hope some one can help.
Thanks!!!
Andie
Deloris

Re: how to change a heart

Post by Deloris »

Heather has a tutorial on her blog with instructions on how to use Inkscape to remove parts of a vector image:

http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/2 ... -inkscape/
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: how to change a heart

Post by HeatherM »

If it is an svg I would take it into Inkscape to edit the nodes, though you can do this in ether Ink or SCAL 2.010. You can try deleting the node at the dip to get rid of the point and then adjusting lines as needed to get the shape you want. If the change is too extreme when you delete the node, you might try adding a node on each side of it before you delete it. If it isn't an svg, you can do all of this in SCAL 2.010 also.

Another option in SCAL2 is to use one of the shapes that gives you the curve that you want, put it where you want that line in the heart, then select both and from the menu use Path/Back minus front. HTH