moving lines

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
ladypj

moving lines

Post by ladypj »

I wonder if anybody can help with this problem.see images converted in inkscape of showboat which when put into scal some of the lines move i have tried ungrouping the file but to no avail :roll:
Attachments
showboat.svg
(10.06 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
showboat.jpg
showboat.jpg (55.1 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
Craigg64

Re: moving lines

Post by Craigg64 »

HI

When I have had that happen to me I open the svg in inkscape. Select all the image and copy it to the clip board.
Then I open a new inkscape page from the File - New menu. Then paste the copied image into it. Save it and cut that file. It should work. This method worked on this file for me.

Why??? Who knows :) Some times the svg file gets corrupted for some reason and copy and pasting it to a new file seems to corrected it

Hope that helps
Cheers

Craig
Cheers
Craig

Windows Vista, Scal2 2.043, Inkscape 0.46
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I would guess that you are using Inkscape 0.47. Try using Path/Union on your trace. That should take care of it.
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

Also try the paint bucket tool. I've found that it will "fill in" a complex shape with a continuous path object. This works nicely when I build an image up from multiple pieces. As long as they are all the same color (or within the tolerances set in the paint bucket) I can get a single continuous path quickly.

- Jasen.
ladypj

Post by ladypj »

Thanks to you all or the replies which sorted the problem out for me. However when i import the image into inkscape the windows become rounded and not square? :roll:
Craigg64

Post by Craigg64 »

Unfortunately the tracing process is not accurate.
You can play with the svg in Inkscape to fix up any problems.

Tracing works best with large images with nice sharp/crisp edges. As soon as the lines start to get fuzzy they will not give you a perfect trace.
Cheers
Craig
Cheers
Craig

Windows Vista, Scal2 2.043, Inkscape 0.46