I need help with word books

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
calichick023

I need help with word books

Post by calichick023 »

i am trying to make a word book and im trying to figure out how to get rid of the center piece in letters like O,R,A. I have tried typing the letter then doing object to path and then break apart and my letter turns all black. The next step i saw off of a tutorial was to select the entire letter and then press shift and then select difference. The letter should go back to normal and the whole thing should move together. This is so it will cut the inside of the letter. I can do all of the steps but the last difference step. Whenever i do that it will not bring the letter back with the cut in the inside. What am i doing wrong????? Please Help!!!
sensationallychic

Re: I need help with word books

Post by sensationallychic »

Once you break it apart, you need to select the inside piece of the letter and the letter itself by holding down the shift key. Once you have them bothe selected, then you select path>difference. That will make the cutouts inside your letters. HTH
calichick023

Post by calichick023 »

i tried doing that but the inside of the letter does not get highlighted. I am using a MAC, could that be the problem?
sensationallychic

Post by sensationallychic »

If you change the view to outline mode, can you see the "middle of the letter outlined?