Pleasue hurry with Mac version

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
smseabrook

Pleasue hurry with Mac version

Post by smseabrook »

I just previewed Dan's tutorial and can't wait to get the upgrade..Of course, I have a Mac so I can not get it now. I hope they hurry with the Mac version. At least they do not forget us Mac people which is not true with Provo Craft and Cricut. I do not think they will ever come out with a Mac version of Design Studio. Love the new version Todd but get busy on the one for us Mac people...You the greatest with your support of SCAL and your upgrades...
papasue

Re: Pleasue hurry with Mac version

Post by papasue »

Add me to that request!!!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
simon

Post by simon »

Me too - as I said elsewhere on this forum:

Todd, Scal 2 looks really great so well done, but would you please fast track the Mac version please!!! Considering the Mac is the choice of artist, designers, photographers and musicians we do regularly have to wait around for software that is PC and Mac compatible - PC users always get it first - urrgh. Please don't get me wrong I am really happy that SCAL 2 is out, that it will be available for the Mac - after all even though Provo Craft said they would make Design Studio Mac compatible they never did (Gypsy might solve that though at extra cost). I just wish that upgrades to software that runs on dual operating systems were both released at the same time. Then there would be no "grass is greener" or platform/OS envy.

So Todd hurry, hurry, hurry or the Mac brigade will be after you :D :D :D

Regards

Simon
iscrapaz

SCAL2 Vs Gypsy

Post by iscrapaz »

If you need to travel with your Cricut, why wouldn't you just take your laptop, or buy a small laptop (for the price of a gypsy $299), and use SCAL 2? There are still far more options with SCAL2 than with the Cricut Cartridges. I LOVE SCAL2 ! Thanks Todd & Co.
Sroh

Post by Sroh »

Hello Everyone, I am new to the board but wanted to comment about getting the MAC version. I just purchased my first MAC, an IMAC and I love it and wanted so urgently to start using SCAL2 that I consulted with one of my tech friends and I don't have to wait and you don't either if you use the "Boot Camp" software that comes with your MAC which allows you to move from MAC to Windows or one of the external software packages called "Parallels Desktop" which I like the best because I can switch between the MAC, VISTA, and XP. The external software package is less than a $100 and you can still do all the things that the Windows version can do with crashing.

Hope this buts a smile on some of your faces.......... I just couldn't wait any longer and I love the SCAL2 :D

"Sam"
tcbmcb

Post by tcbmcb »

'Sam',

I have the Parallels program to run a couple programs... Is it fairly easy to get SCAL 2 up and running that way? This would surely hurry my purchase along if I know it works.

Thanks!