Inkscape Please help!!!!

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
AnointedHands

Re: Inkscape Please help!!!!

Post by AnointedHands »

You can easily change both you file and the page to inches. I have included a photo below.

The drop down box at No. 1 has an option to change the shape to inches and make sure it is selected with the arrows around it.

No. 2 is where you change the page size. I have posted with the box open. Under Custom Size, you can pick your page size that you want to work with (in case you want to see how your design will look on a 12X12 page) and the drop down arrow has an option for inches also. I don't think it will save to that size. There was another post that explained that I believe
Picture2.jpg
Picture2.jpg (83.04 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

OMG! This will make my life SO MUCH easier! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Shirl
jancy

Post by jancy »

kkrewtea wrote:OMG! This will make my life SO MUCH easier! THANK YOU!!!!!!
just curious as to why this helps.

can you not resize an image in SCAL?
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

Yes, I can. BUT I like the text on a curve thing and I did the tutorial and was ABLE to do it! So I wanted to be able to do journaling on a SB page with this! AND I just think it's easier if I see inches to better judge where I want it to be etc. I'm a better visual learner. And inches I can visualize!

Shirl
jancy

Post by jancy »

kkrewtea wrote:Yes, I can. BUT I like the text on a curve thing and I did the tutorial and was ABLE to do it! So I wanted to be able to do journaling on a SB page with this! AND I just think it's easier if I see inches to better judge where I want it to be etc. I'm a better visual learner. And inches I can visualize!
makes sense :)

I'm taking notes on SCAL & wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I don't want to be behind in all the tricks when I finally get it, lol.

thanks for the reply.
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

Oh you NEED it! It was something right up my puta idiot alley! EASY!

Shirl
canadianscrapper

Post by canadianscrapper »

Ok, I tried Object Path, then Path Union. It doesn't show up in SCA. Then I tried doing those steps and adding Trace Bitmap and still nothing. :(
susibi

Post by susibi »

Well - I wrote the tutorial and if it's not working either you are missing a step or I wasn't clear so let me see if i can help you!!
1. are you working in outline mode View>display mode>outline this helps you to see if you are welding correctly
2. type letters separately -push together- select all by click and drag or Ctrl A then Object to path ( at this pooint the letters become outlines) Path>Union save as .svg
3. Open SCAL File>import and browse to find your file.
If you have followed all the instructions in the tut it works every time.
HTH
Susibi :D
canadianscrapper

Post by canadianscrapper »

Ok. I think I have it finally figured out! I can type letters and weld them and make shadows AND get the file to show up in SCA. One thing I realized I was doing wrong was that when I tried to open the svg file in SCA I was choosing "open" and not "import" It won't show up unless it is imported.
SO.... another question I have now is how do you get rid of the double line on some images? Or is this even possible? Also, is there a crop tool so you can select parts of an image??

Here is a pic of a font I was working with, is it possible to get rid of or erase the ouside line?

jancy

Post by jancy »

you need to edit it in inkscape before you import it into SCAL.

in inkscape:
*click the small arrow w/nodes on the left side tool bar--2nd one down
*all nodes on your file will appear--little squares
*click & delete any you don't want

unless the font you are using is solid black, you will get "double lines" when tracing. the program will show all lines on either side of any black parts of an image or font.

there are similar fonts on dafont.com to what you are using that would not require editing. try Atletic or Atrox.

http://www.dafont.com/athletic.font?nb_ppp=50

http://www.dafont.com/atrox.font?nb_ppp=50