How to combine svg images with cupcake wrappers

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

How to combine svg images with cupcake wrappers

Post by HeatherM »

This would work for anytime you want to put svg images along a path.
cupcake wrapper - svg image.png
cupcake wrapper - svg image.png (199.13 KiB) Viewed 5719 times
papasue

Re: How to combine svg images with cupcake wrappers

Post by papasue »

Nice Job!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Heather,
Great tutorial. Do you have an svg file to go with this?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Here is the file with the lines. I got the basic pattern here. http://www.iloveknk.com/2008/12/free-fi ... -wrappers/ There are also some other wrapper patterns there. The height should be around 2.75 inches for a typical cupcake, but you will want to cut a test one to get the right size for your cupcakes.
Attachments
cupcake wrapper pattern.svg
(5.16 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
btails

Post by btails »

thanks for the great tut....
Jayne

Post by Jayne »

Hi
Can someone give me a detailed step by step guide for this please...and how do i get rid of the rectangle that is on my screen when i open inkscape...
Ive tried the above instructions about a million times but when i click on Path i dont know what to select...its very confusing for a bigginner....thanks in advance...
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Jayne wrote:Hi
Can someone give me a detailed step by step guide for this please...and how do i get rid of the rectangle that is on my screen when i open inkscape...
Ive tried the above instructions about a million times but when i click on Path i dont know what to select...its very confusing for a bigginner....thanks in advance...
Unsure if you can delete it or not. When first started using Inkscape I too didn't like that little box so I just worked off to the side, but later found out if your project wasn't in the little box when you did a search in Inkscape you couldn't see your svg, just and empty box. So now if my graphic area is too big or small for the box I select all then I go to File and choose document properties and then fit to page and my large or small file is centered in the bounding box and then I save it. When I try to find my svg file later I open Inkscape then find my folder where it stored and have an easy time seeing and finding my svg that I need to open. There may be other's out there that know how to delete it but I'm not for sure it can be.
Good Luck :)
Jayne

Post by Jayne »

I dont have the option to select all...gosh this is very confusing.....i am even reading the manual and it doesnt tell you how to get rid of it...maybe it should be there but what is it for..?
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Jayne wrote:I dont have the option to select all...gosh this is very confusing.....i am even reading the manual and it doesnt tell you how to get rid of it...maybe it should be there but what is it for..?
In Inkscape you can go to edit then down to select all. But for some reason you don't have the option you can use your curser to draw a box around all the graphics or just one graphic. Unsure why there wouldn't be a select all. If you don't have one you might to to the Inkscape site and put out a message and maybe they can get it up and running for you. Like I say I don't think you can get rid of the rectangle on the working mat, Good Luck
Jayne

Post by Jayne »

LOL...its a nightmare