How to combine svg images with cupcake wrappers

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: How to combine svg images with cupcake wrappers

Post by HeatherM »

Jayne wrote:Hi
...and how do i get rid of the rectangle that is on my screen when i open inkscape...
Ive tried the above instructions about a million times but when i click on Path i dont know what to select...its very confusing for a bigginner....thanks in advance...
That box is just the document boundary box. You can hide it by using File/Document properties and in the Border section de-select the "Show page border". Path is another name for vector. I use the term Path because that is the term used in the menus. When you are finished with your file it isn't absolutely necessary to reset your document to fit the cupcake wrapper, but it will make it much easier to preview the file later.

An easy way to select all is to use Control A, but it won't select the page boundary.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

HeatherM wrote:
...and how do i get rid of the rectangle that is on my screen when i open inkscape...
Ive tried the above instructions about a million times but when i click on Path i dont know what to select...its very confusing for a bigginner....thanks in advance...
That box is just the document boundary box. You can hide it by using File/Document properties and in the Border section de-select the "Show page border". Path is another name for vector. I use the term Path because that is the term used in the menus. When you are finished with your file it isn't absolutely necessary to reset your document to fit the cupcake wrapper, but it will make it much easier to preview the file later.

An easy way to select all is to use Control A, but it won't select the page boundary.
I get in an out of the document properties box amost daily and never noticed you could hide the page border or I called it boundry box. I knew someone would know. Great tip. Thanks for helping
Grammy
Jayne

Post by Jayne »

HeatherM wrote:

Can we go back to my original message....i dont know what a boundary box is...finished with my file????...i dont know how to even start with it....and what is a file...?
I need step by step instructions on how to use the template...as in...
1. click on ?? and go to..
2. click on ?? etc...

I would like to know what i click and where to go to put some shapes on the red line...how to get rid of the red line etc, cos i cut it and it cut everything that was on the template so i just ended up with strips of card...
Jayne

Post by Jayne »

Hello..............anyone