How do I delete part of an image i downloaded.

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
TheresaTT

How do I delete part of an image i downloaded.

Post by TheresaTT »

I know this should be simple but i am blonde ( truely ) and need help to get rid of a registered trademark symbol.
I have it converted already to SVG but need the symbol gone.
PS - this is not for a business use. it is personal
Thanks

ok - if i did it right. i have added my file to see if anyone can get rid of the symbol. then can u tell me how u did it.?
Thanks.
Attachments
NA.svg
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Last edited by TheresaTT on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
lovebeingamom

Re: How do I delete part of an image i downloaded.

Post by lovebeingamom »

are you working in inkscape? Did you break your image apart?
I'm blonde too :roll: some days things just doesn't work.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Use the node tool in Inkscape to select and delete all of the symbol. It's the second one down on the left side of Ink.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

Heather
i selected node tool and pushed delete each time till all the nodes are gone but the symbol is still there?
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

yes, i am in inkscape. no i did not break image apart. i was looking for the tut. to do that and couldn't find it. i need step by step. on top of hair color :oops: i also have a sinus inf. which is not helping. yuck.
Theresa
lovebeingamom

Post by lovebeingamom »

If you select all, then path, break apart...then click somewhere else...I like to then zoom in on the area I'm working on and click on each part and delete. You don't have to do it by each node (at least with the stuff I am working on)

Dan has a good tut on taking stuff out of an image that is connected so the break apart function doesn't work.
http://dan99.blogspot.com/2008/12/video ... f-svg.html

I hope this helps some. If all else fails you can post the image and some wonderful person will fix it right up.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

i watched Dan's tut. - nothing deleted. i posted the file above in original plea. can someone help and explain ?????
Theresa
lovebeingamom

Post by lovebeingamom »

TheresaTT wrote:i watched Dan's tut. - nothing deleted. i posted the file above in original plea. can someone help and explain ?????
Tried to open your file and nothing is there, do you have the original picture?
papasue

Post by papasue »

TheresaTT wrote:i watched Dan's tut. - nothing deleted. i posted the file above in original plea. can someone help and explain ?????
I have a tut on my blog for breaking apart if you want to try it.

http://papasuecreative.blogspot.com/sea ... ng%20Apart

As for deleting part of an image you downloaded, unless you take the file into a Photo Editing program you must use Inkscape and deleting NODES is the only way albeit sorta ugly since things are connected that you'd never dream would be. I usually take those files with the copyright embedded into Photo Shop and erase them, then save as a .jpg or .png and go to Inkscape. It is a lot easier.

Let us know how you do.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

i actually did it although i don't know how. :shock: next time i won't be able to do it again cuz i was justa pushin buttons.LOL
Theresa