Is it possible....

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
craftycreationz

Is it possible....

Post by craftycreationz »

To turn a photo of a person into a svg file? I would like to try and etch a picture of my brother in law who was killed this past July onto a mirror for my husband. does anyone know if this could be done?

TIA for any help!
Tingha Treasures

Re: Is it possible....

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Susan Chong did a great svg of her son its on her blog hope its some help.http://www.theartfulmama.blogspot.com might have to check older postings.
lovebeingamom

Post by lovebeingamom »

It is very possible, I took pictures of my boys riding bikes, you can see my finished project here:
http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3129
craftycreationz

Re: Is it possible....I DID IT!!!

Post by craftycreationz »

Thanks for the tips, I followed the instructions in Susan Chongs blog, and it turned out AWESOME!!! (Thanks Susan)
I am posting a pic of the origional photo, then a pic of the drawing, then the final product, my etched mirror!
It's not complete yet, i still have to etch "in memory of" his name, DOB and DOD. but i just wanted to share what i've done so far. I am so excited! LOL I'll post the completed project later. Thanks again for the help, This group ROCKS!! :D
Attachments
The top of his head and hat was cut off in this photo, so i had to draw it in myself.
The top of his head and hat was cut off in this photo, so i had to draw it in myself.
jesus5.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 3066 times
Here's the drawing that i converted into a svg in inkscape..
Here's the drawing that i converted into a svg in inkscape..
jesusdrawing2.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 3066 times
Here's the final result...my etched image!!
Here's the final result...my etched image!!
SANY1462.JPG (20.92 KiB) Viewed 3064 times
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

that is so good and what a lovely way to record a loved one. Im glad Susans site was okay I actually turned her sons pic into a rubber stamp as well.
sambobbitt

Post by sambobbitt »

Absolutely excellent job- fantastic! You did a great job of detail and that is hard to make it look like a real person. I'm sure it will be cherished. I had a brother pass 11 years ago and I'm working on a page right now....maybe a mirror for my mom>????? We'll see if I can do half as good!
lovebeingamom

Post by lovebeingamom »

great job, I was thinking sillouette. Beautiful work!
Step2004

Post by Step2004 »

Hi,

try to use corel trace you can trace diffrent styles of pictures then import to corel draw to convert your design into svg as simple as that, i hope this can solve your problem regarding picture tracing... thank you...