Spiral Help

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
curlyquills

Spiral Help

Post by curlyquills »

I'm a newbie to SCAL and InkScape, and need some help with a spiral. I have made one, and adjusted the line to have more of a flower look, but when I cut it out with scal, it adds a line from the center of the spiral to the end of it. Any ideas how to get rid of this :?:

Jamie
www.curlyquills.com
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Spiral Help

Post by HeatherM »

Try copying and pasting in place. Select both spirals, Path/combine. Then connect the endpoints of the stacked spirals using the third node tool button from the left. See Susan Bluerobots tut here. http://susanbluerobot.blogspot.com/2008 ... et-to.html
curlyquills

Post by curlyquills »

Ok, tried that, it didn't work.... :|
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Post the file and someone will take a look at it. By didn't work, did you mean it wouldn't cut at all, or that it still cut the extra line?
curlyquills

Post by curlyquills »

Actually, i think it may have worked, I may have accidentally pasted 3 copies on top of my original, so it wouldn't connect the nodes because there were too many. I'm still messing around with it :o)
curlyquills

Post by curlyquills »

ARRGG! Ok, I did get it to work based on those directions, but the only way i could get it to work was if i moved the duplicated image slightly, and then when i go to cut it out, the cricut takes it as 2 separate lines, and goes over the image twice, making the flower pop up as it is being cut....

If i do it the same way the directions are, (without moving the duplicate copy) then when i import it in SCAL, it shows up like if you put one item in, and selected it to weld (when you go to preview, it turns grey).

I have attached my image with no formatting, if anyone can help me with this, i would greatly appreciate it!
Attachments
Flower.svg
(5.25 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Ok, I copied, pasted, and joined the spiral, and when I imported it into SCAL it did show gray in preview, but it cut anyway. When I hit preview again after cutting it showed red. ;) My guess is that it might be some kind of memory issue? The drawback is that it does cut over it twice. I haven't been able to think of anything that would work without adding the extra line.
Attachments
Flower.svg
(8.48 KiB) Downloaded 128 times