inported pdf need to remove text

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
~chevygirl~

inported pdf need to remove text

Post by ~chevygirl~ »

I imported a pdf file. in to inkscape but it has some text that I don't want it to cut out. How do I erase the text using inkscape? TIA
lovebeingamom

Re: inported pdf need to remove text

Post by lovebeingamom »

dan99 has a good tutorial on removing things in inkscape.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Hello:
If you use the "Edith path nodes tool on the left side bar" and use it to click on the letter or word it will cause little nodes outlling the letter or words. Use the tool to draw a square around it to make it selected and hit the delete button or the "delete section nodes tool" in the upper left tool bar. Hope this helps :)
Grammy

Hitting the enter message button too soon. It teaches me a lesson, it's been a couple of weeks since I worked on pdfs. There are times that some pdfs wont work this way and what I do is open them in Inkscape and using the nodes tool in the left side bar select the graphic. you want to hold down the shift button and select each part of your graphic, this will cause the graphic to have the nodes highlighted and then copy and past to another open default page you have open in Inkscape. Doing it this way will have a page of just the graphic and no writing on you final page. I worked on this for about a week and didn't like it so I started doing it the old way of making a bmp and then doing the graphic. much easier
~chevygirl~

Post by ~chevygirl~ »

Thank you. That's what i needed.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Many times with PDFs you can just ungroup once or twice and then click and backspace to delete the parts you don't want without messing with nodes.