How to draw

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
wreed06

How to draw

Post by wreed06 »

Can / would anybody teach me how to draw something in Inkscape? I'd like to draw something very simple such as a long blade of grass where there are two curved lines that meet in a tip on one end and a more blunt edge on the other end. I'm NOT looking for an existing SVG file, I'm looking to learn how to create it myself.

Thank you for whomever might provide or have a tutorial showing how to draw.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: How to draw

Post by HeatherM »

There are some good video tutorials here. (Thank you Dan)
http://dan99.blogspot.com/2008/11/video ... tools.html
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

I do not see how to view the video or the text for the demo. I do not see a button or link. Does anybody know of another place that shows how to draw your own design in Inkscape? Or, could someone please teach me how? Thank you!
Marly

Post by Marly »

wreed06 wrote:I do not see how to view the video or the text for the demo. I do not see a button or link. Does anybody know of another place that shows how to draw your own design in Inkscape? Or, could someone please teach me how? Thank you!
Just click on the 'play' button that I've circled for you.
play video.jpg
play video.jpg (36.63 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Thank you so much! I never saw that little arrow to play. Thank you.
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Dan, you are amazing! Thank you for all you do!

I went through Dan's tutorial. How do you end the Bezier tool if you don't want to end up where you started? In Dan's tutorial, he showed how to make holly leaves. He started at one end, went around and came back to the starting place. I don't necessarily want to end at the starting place. If I don't, I can't let go of the Bezier line and use a different tool.
Thank you.
dan99

Post by dan99 »

To end a bezier shape without going back to the start, on the last point of your shape, rather than clicking with the regular mouse button, use the right mouse button to click it. The point will be made and the line will be ended. (Remember though, that SCAL doesn't much like open-ended lines like that, it works best with closed shapes!)