Rhinestone Feature in SCAL 3

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
regina_rhinestones

Rhinestone Feature in SCAL 3

Post by regina_rhinestones »

Hi all

I am having trouble with the rhinestone feature in SCAL 3. When I first got S3 I was able to convert the text to rhinestones, then ungroup and Break apart to take out extra stones I didn't want. This doesn't work anymore. I got the software on Friday and now it's Monday. I don't understand what is happening. After converting the image to rhinestones, I select either Ungroup or Break apart and the image reverts back to the original text. I have no way of taking out extra stones now and not sure why. If anyone has a clue or a fix for this, please let me know.

Thanks.
gj1

Re: Rhinestone Feature in SCAL 3

Post by gj1 »

Try this....type the word and then using the arrow cursor put a box around and go ungroup and then again for break apart. Then select again and give it the rhinestones you want...then put a box around it all again and do break apart and then try to pull off the stones you don't want.

This worked for me using Version 3.
regina_rhinestones

gj1 wrote:Try this....type the word and then using the arrow cursor put a box around and go ungroup and then again for break apart. Then select again and give it the rhinestones you want...then put a box around it all again and do break apart and then try to pull off the stones you don't want.

This worked for me using Version 3.
Thanks. This is exactly what I had to do, but it wasn't like that when I first started with it. It just seems like too many steps.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I agree, but I don't know the why behind it...I just get excited when I figure something out :)
regina_rhinestones

gj1 wrote:I agree, but I don't know the why behind it...I just get excited when I figure something out :)

Me too. I have since figured out there is just no way for me to rhinestone a vector image, even with the simplest of details in the image. Guess I will have to stick with a minimal list of fonts that can handle rhinestones. For more detailed designs I am having to still manually do those.