Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
SwytGy

Re: Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Post by SwytGy »

Hello,

I just found out recently that you could cut custom designs on Cricut Cake by using "Sure Cuts A Lot". Being a perfectionist the details in my cakes are very time consuming, so I was already devising ways in which I would speed up the process without sacrificing the detail.

It seems that with the end of support for these versions SCAL will no longer be able to provide custom images for Cricut Cake, does anyone know if there is any other cutting machine for gumpaste that can use SCAL V3, or of any other software that will continue to work with Cricut Cake (I know this part might be sensitive for this forum, so plz email me at swytgy at gmail dot com).

Thank you,

SwytGy
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

I am so selling my Cricut....After that is done, PC :twisted: will be dead to me. But I will have SCAL3- all will be good :D
hellie0h

Post by hellie0h »

Linda McClure, who originated the idea of cutting gumpaste on the cricut, then Provo "cut her out" of the picture altogether uses the Silhouette cutter. Here is a link to her site. http://www.deseretdesigns.com/

You can still use scal2, until your cricut dies, there just won't be any updates or support for 2. There are many great cutters out there, but you know for cake decorating I think the silhouette with its dead on print and cut would be a good choice if you are considering a new cutter.
lillygirl7

Post by lillygirl7 »

I know Craft Edge has been super busy, but I have been having a problem with my SCAL2 and the Path>front minus back and Path>back minus front options Basically closes out SCAL2 all together when I use it. I have emailed with out any response. My main concern is that this is a feature that I will not be able to use EVER now that SCAL2 won't be available? Will we still get support on our SCAL2? I know you guys are probably warn out, exhausted mentally and physically with the lawsuit and inidated with emails, but I would love to know if we are going to still get support on SCAL 2? Thanks a bunch Lenae
gj1

Post by gj1 »

That never is a problem for me...I use it all the time. I put a shape on top of a shape and then select both of them at the same time and click on the path option and it removes what I want removed. So I don't know why you are having trouble with that?
lillygirl7

Post by lillygirl7 »

I don't know why either? All I know is that as soon as I click on one of those buttons to do their magic SCAL shuts down completely! Gonzo! Luckily I can reboot it and my images that I had been working on are still there, but the two features DO NOT WORK at all! Drives me nuts!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

They are not working for you apparently, and it sounds like a problem with your computer not scal, to me. Perhaps it is time to have your computer serviced, because these functions DO work in Scal. I am sorry you are having a problem, but it is not the software causing the problem in my opinion...like I said I use these keys all the time. I hope you can get it all to work, but I don't think CE can fix it, I think you need a computer guy/gal maybe.
jannypan

Post by jannypan »

what is going to happen with the serial number check after december? What happens if it needs to be reinstalled?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You would still just contact support.

Most of the questions about all of this have been answered...not sure if you can find them in SEARCH, but I know they have been posted already. Maybe just read all of the announcements by Craftedge.
curlycreations

Post by curlycreations »

Does anyone on these boards have firmware version 2.32 on their Cricut Expression? I have a chance to buy an non-activated version of this software, but I don't want to waste the money if it's not compatible with my machine!