Inkscape 0.48 - hatching over a photo

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
lkc

Inkscape 0.48 - hatching over a photo

Post by lkc »

I'm sharing some of the projects I'm working on taken from the Inkscape 0.48 Illustrator's Cookbook, a book of 109 recipes for creating different effects in Inkscape.

Details for the techniques will be in my blog links
The first technique (page 192) is Hatching over a photo or image.

Blog link here...Hatching technique

Last edited by lkc on Tue May 03, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gj1

Re: Inkscape 0.48

Post by gj1 »

COOL! You keep learning...thanks for sharing.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Thanks so much Laura.. and I LOVE your signature photo :D
lkc

Post by lkc »

Thanks girls!

And thanks, JoAnne...love having our chinchilla in my pic though she and I are starting to look more and more alike but her nose wiggle is still way cuter than mine!

And I am still shockiing people in our town with my short hairdo..gives them something to talk about!
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I love your short do.. Really makes you look more professional. NOT that you didn't before..LOL
lkc

Post by lkc »

Sweetness4713 wrote:I love your short do.. Really makes you look more professional. NOT that you didn't before..LOL
Well the previous photo I was in my pink bathrobe so this one was bound to be a step up! ROFL!! :roll: :lol:
papasue

Re: Inkscape 0.48 - hatching over a photo

Post by papasue »

lkc wrote:I'm sharing some of the projects I'm working on taken from the Inkscape 0.48 Illustrator's Cookbook, a book of 109 recipes for creating different effects in Inkscape.

Details for the techniques will be in my blog links
The first technique (page 192) is Hatching over a photo or image.

Blog link here...Hatching technique

Laura,

I've downloaded the "sample" file and been playing all day with it. Most of it seems to work for me but there are a few steps missing at the end of the recipe that I think are needed for cutters. Did you experience any of this?

I'm still debating about buying the book but MAYBE as I always learn new techniques when I do a tut.

thanks again.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lkc

Post by lkc »

Are you referring to the hatching technique or something else? I haven't done anything that I've tried to cut. I work with some of these techniques for print projects primarily and I'm still using scal1. I posted in Suzan's forum about reviewing the book and HeatherM mentioned she said that others have had problems with her files produce in 0.48 so she is doing most of her work in 0.47. The ones I've created I haven't noticed a problem with but my drawings are pretty simple. I included a link at Papyrus Jungle for those of you who might want to contact the company and consider writing a review (they requested my blog and amazon) so then they would send you a copy of the book to do that.
papasue

Post by papasue »

thanks Laura...I was referring to ALL the tuts. I didn't realize that Paprus Jungle was still live. I haven't been there FOREVER...I'll check it out.

thanks.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lkc

Post by lkc »

Okay...one more and then I'm trying to move on...no editing done and I would work more on each of those if I were going to use them on a project.
The lightest one really needs more lines but I do like some of the potential with this tool.