Sizzix Eclips or Silhouette Cameo Informational Topic

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Sizzix Eclips or Silhouette Cameo Informational Topic

Post by sstehman »

I'm seeing quite a few posting on lately on success with both of these machines and the SCAL software. So here is the question for those that are using these machines.

Please post which machine you are using, why you like the machine (maybe what you aren't crazy about)...anything you see as relevant for those that have not taken the "new machine leap yet" ---- ummmm I'm still one of those.

Thanks a bunch.
Looking forward to seeing the responses.
Sandy in PA
papasue

Re: Sizzix Eclips or Silhouette Cameo Informational Topic

Post by papasue »

Well I can say that my eclips is fine. I never tried it with the carts so do not have any experience. I waited for eCAL and am very happy with:
  • print2cut
    score lines cut are the best
    draw and cut all at one time****
    easy insertion of pens
    oh, laser cut*****I wasted more paper on the other cutter, now I can see where it is going to cut so
    I can place my small paper in the right sot
I might find something I do not like but that is for another day
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pollywolly

Post by pollywolly »

Loving my eclips so far. I wanted something fairly simple to learn as I was used to a cricut and it's very similar so that suits me just fine. So far I've cut with a cartridge and also with ecal and the cut it razorsharp, and extremely clean even with very detailed designs on heavier cardstock that the cricut just couldn't cope with. Would have no hesitation in rec it.
maureenmcn
Location: Devon, UK; Windows 7 64 bit; SCAL2 and 3; Inkscape; Cricut Expression; Silhouette Cameo

Post by maureenmcn »

Ok I am a disillusioned Silhouette Cameo owner. This machine has not lived up to my expectations! Graphtec here in the UK are being very supportive to those of us with issues, but I am not impressed with the machines cutting ability and there is an issue with the blades. If they continue to wear out so quickly this will be a very expensive purchase.They are trying to correct the known issues but have to say it would have been better if these had been ironed out prior to marketing. Am awaiting replacement blade (if it is considered to be faulty) but have to admit that it is quite possible I will be returning my Cameo to the supplier. :(

Know that there will be lots of people that are having a really good experience with this machine but if it were me I would hold off purchasing a Cameo for the moment until they get the problems sorted!
Maureen

sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

btt
Sandy in PA