Inkscape:My layers were there but NOT in SCAL

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
beeshive

Inkscape:My layers were there but NOT in SCAL

Post by beeshive »

Okay I got all my different layers in there cute little places on Inkscape, named the layers with innovative names(snort snort), saved it, then went to SCAL to cut them out in layers but my layer names are NOt THERE, my pretty fill colors are NOT there, and well I'm just upset because it looked :evil: so cute on the screen now it just looks ordinary :cry:
So help me Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope....oh wait....Please any ideas?
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Re: Inkscape:My layers were there but NOT in SCAL

Post by jasenj1 »

Where Inkscape puts layer names and where SCAL looks for layer names are two different places. So your names from Inkscape will not transfer to SCAL. (Unless you do some XML ninja-voodoo, which you probably don't want to do. It's easier to just rename the layers in SCAL.)

Also, your colors from Inkscape will not transfer to SCAL. You can recolor them in SCAL.

That's just the way it is.

- Jasen.
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

Thank you Jasen, I really appreciate your response- But if I rename the layers in SCAL will it "Stick" meaning will it change the original svg file that I've imported? So when I share the SVG file others will have the layers the way I intended them to be named?

AND what is this xml voodoo you speak of? Who do the voodoo? and more importantly is there any videos or info on how to do it? :shock: Thank you
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

beeshive wrote:But if I rename the layers in SCAL will it "Stick" meaning will it change the original svg file that I've imported? So when I share the SVG file others will have the layers the way I intended them to be named?
Ooh, that was a good thought, but unfortunately when I tried it with 2.026 it didn't keep the layers. :cry:
missingnojo

Post by missingnojo »

OK I was able to make layers, name them and keep them- but it will not save in SVG format only SCUT. So as long as everyone is using SCAL it should be ok.