How to use inkscape: link to tutorials

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Inkscape
jancy

How to use inkscape: link to tutorials

Post by jancy »

I've been using inkscape for several years with my Wishblade & have had great success with the tutorials at paperthreads.com.

You will find various tutorials http://www.paperthreads.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

While they may seem long & overwhelming to some of you, if you take the time to print & read them & go through the steps, you WILL be able to make all kinds of things very quickly!!!

It just takes a few times of using the program to learn what you can do with it. If I can do it, anyone can :D I'm very much a hands on type of person, but these tutorials helped me learn to use inkscape quickly.

so, print them, read them & use them ---and you'll create all kinds of things in no time!

If you're like me, you want the quick & short answer *now*, lol. But, just read the tutorials--you'll be so GLAD you did :D

NOTE: you may need to register to access the tutorials.
yocasta

Re: How to use inkscape: link to tutorials

Post by yocasta »

Thanks for posting this. I joined and printed the tutorials. Will have to start reading tonight at work :D
dlwrules

Post by dlwrules »

I am having trouble viewing those tutorials.
I followed the link, registered, but when I tried to go to the tutorial I was told I didn't have permission.
Weird!!!
Donna Lee

Saying THANKS to Todd for this amazing software and for this very helpful forum, and to all those who are sharing their time and talents here
jancy

Post by jancy »

dlwrules wrote:I am having trouble viewing those tutorials.
I followed the link, registered, but when I tried to go to the tutorial I was told I didn't have permission.
Weird!!!
that is odd. are you sure you're logged on to paperthreads?
dlwrules

Post by dlwrules »

The problem was that I wasn't logged on. had to go to my mail and click on link to get in.
OK, so I did that. Went and got the tutorial on tracing - the one with the ballet slippers.
I didn't get very far at all. Opened the ballet slippers fine. When I went to view and chose outline as instructed I got a big red X.

I'm very frustrated!!!!
Donna Lee

Saying THANKS to Todd for this amazing software and for this very helpful forum, and to all those who are sharing their time and talents here
jancy

Post by jancy »

dlwrules wrote:The problem was that I wasn't logged on. had to go to my mail and click on link to get in.
OK, so I did that. Went and got the tutorial on tracing - the one with the ballet slippers.
I didn't get very far at all. Opened the ballet slippers fine. When I went to view and chose outline as instructed I got a big red X.

I'm very frustrated!!!!
tell me step by step, *exactly* what you clicked.

make sure you follow the tut to the word & try not to get too far ahead of yourself or you might miss a simple step that will mess you up.
dlwrules

Post by dlwrules »

You are a very patient and helpful person. OK - I'm looking at the inkscape tutorial posted by Michelle Hessler in Dec 06. It is supposed to be for tracing and has ballet slippers jpg file in it.
Donna Lee

jancy

Post by jancy »

dlwrules wrote:You are a very patient and helpful person. OK - I'm looking at the inkscape tutorial posted by Michelle Hessler in Dec 06. It is supposed to be for tracing and has ballet slippers jpg file in it.
do you have inkscape open?

if you do/once you do:

*click file, open........and open from where you have the ballet slippers file. It should then appear on your screen.
dlwrules

Post by dlwrules »

Ok, it is on the screen and I have clicked on the arrow to make it larger.
Donna Lee

jancy

Post by jancy »

dlwrules wrote:Ok, it is on the screen and I have clicked on the arrow to make it larger.
ok :)

do you have it selected?---do you see a dashed line around it & some arrows on the corners & such? if not, click the large single arrow on the top of the left side tool bar.

now you can proceed with tracing it.

I'm here watching for your questions, so take your time.