Inkscape help - files blank when imported

General discussion about Inkscape
dfowler

Re: Inkscape help - files blank when imported

Post by dfowler »

jj01 wrote:When I went to the Inskscape site, it mentioned XP but doesn't say anything about Vista. Does anyone know if it works with Vista? Thanks
I have Vista and downloaded Inkscape the other day. It does work - other than having to do the trace bitmap thing on a few images, I haven't had any trouble with it.
Juliespieces

Post by Juliespieces »

I am having this same problem. I have tried selecting the text (has box with arrows around it) Tracing it and using the union and when I go to import my text into SCA NOTHING??? :(:( Can anyone PLEASE help???

When I try thr trace option nothing happens when I hit OK in the trace box... what should happen in this box? When clicking union I am ALSO making sure text is selecting... STILLL nothing???
SJ5

Post by SJ5 »

Hi there,

I think you only need to do the trace bit if it's a bitmap file, you shouldn't need to trace it if it's just a font. Are you remembering to do "object to path" as well as union? Then save as an svg file.

Hope that helps!

Sheila
Juliespieces

Post by Juliespieces »

well.. I restarted computer and now its importing fine without any steps other then saving them importing... phew... Thanks :) Hopefully it doesn't happen again, and now I will now know what to do if i need a bitman to cut.
cydnewright

Post by cydnewright »

I'm a big geek.
This was happening to me.

I realized that I had not changed the View, Display mode to Outline before I traced the image. Once I did that and then traced the image, it showed up when I imported it into inkscape.

This is probably an obvious thing for many of you, but for us newbies, not so much.

Hope this helps someone else.