problem with inkscape

General discussion about Inkscape
minipuce

problem with inkscape

Post by minipuce »

I'm able to use it, no problem. When i open a jpeg Then save my file inm svg and try to import it and all i get in scal is an empty box... anybody knows why?
AnointedHands

Re: problem with inkscape

Post by AnointedHands »

There are a few more steps to do before you can open it in SCAL.

First you have to trace the jpeg. with the image selected, go to Path>Trace bitmap.

Once that is done, you have to go to Path>union (make sure you delete the bitmap and have the traced file selected...I usually trace in Black and white (use the top options) so the color image is the one to delete).

Now you are ready to save and open in SCAL
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
minipuce

Post by minipuce »

thank you! I will try that
minipuce

Post by minipuce »

you are my hero! ;)
Julie.Jenkins

Post by Julie.Jenkins »

AnointedHands wrote:There are a few more steps to do before you can open it in SCAL.

First you have to trace the jpeg. with the image selected, go to Path>Trace bitmap.

Once that is done, you have to go to Path>union (make sure you delete the bitmap and have the traced file selected...I usually trace in Black and white (use the top options) so the color image is the one to delete).

Now you are ready to save and open in SCAL
i don't understand the part about deleting the bitmap, I didn't see a new one. I see a preview and then I up date and say ok and close it and I'm back the original. what am I doing wrong?
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

You should click on the original and try to move it. The bitmap and the trace will be aligned until you move it. My original is in color but sometimes it is in black and white. If in black and white, click and move one over...then click on the Edit Nodes control (second icon down) and then try to use the control...the trace will be the one with the handles...delete the other one.

Hope the photo helps.
Trial.jpg
Trial.jpg (33.86 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...