Confused

General discussion about Inkscape
Sharonmeyer

Confused

Post by Sharonmeyer »

I just purchased the Cricut Explore Air under the assumption I could create my own designs to cut. I load the software that comes with it only to find out I have to use the Cricut shapes, some free, some to purchase.
So I thought I will see if there is any third party software I can use (since I can't use PHOTOSHOP).

I found Sure Cuts A Lot, and thought this is exactly what I am looking for!
then I read under more info that I can only design with it and not cut with it on the Cricut.

not sure what the point is with that but I am seriously thinking about returning my Cricut Air.

help!

thanks!
:(
papasue

Re: Confused

Post by papasue »

The Cricut folks sued scal and will not allow scal software to cut to their products! I would check the craftedge site for cutters that do work and pick the one that fits you. Lots of forums for each cutter that will help making the right choice. I hope to see you back here designing and cutting away.

I like the Sizzix eclips but silver bullet is popular too.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I have been using the Silhouette Cameo with SCAL for 3 1/2 years and it works great. Sorry you didn't know sooner that it wouldn't work the Explore. :(
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

You should be able to use svg files. You can design your project in SCAL and the export it and save as a svg file. You can then import the svg file into the Explore and cut it.