Posibly the simplest question here ......

General discussion about Inkscape
mrfibble

Posibly the simplest question here ......

Post by mrfibble »

I have a .svg file I converted and I need to re add detail to teh converted file I open it in inkscape add detail but cant save it as an SVG as its not even in the list of files to export

any clues I dont see svg listed anywhere

cheers in advance

david c
papasue

Re: Posibly the simplest question here ......

Post by papasue »

Hi David, can you elaborate a bit for me. You say you have an svg file that you "converted" how did you "convert" it and to what? a png, a jpg etc? When you went back to Inkscape I assume it opened and it is still an svg file right? What steps did you do.

After fixing the file all you need to do is "save" it as an svg onto your computer, you do not export an svg from Inkscape.

Then open your version of SCAL and use the svg import button and it should work.
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 7.54.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 7.54.14 AM.png (14.6 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
If you are looking for a shortcut there is an extension on the CraftEdge main site that you can download and install in Inkscape that allows for a direct export to sCAL that will open your file in SCAL seamlessly.

https://www.craftedge.com/download/download_extras.html

I'm missing something here I know so give it a try again and someone will help figure it out.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mrfibble

Post by mrfibble »

To convert the pictures to decals I use the free online SVG converter but it has a habit of ommitting detail from the finished .SGV file

so I downloaded Inkscape to add the detail back in and I can just draw it in but when I go to save the tweaked file saving or exporting as an .SVG does not appear on the list of file extentions available
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Since the online converter isn't doing a good enough job and you have Inkscape installed anyway, why not try tracing directly in Inkscape?

If you do want to continue using the online converter, post one of your svg files and someone will take a look at it.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Another thought. Did you try "save as" in Inkscape as there are a plethora of options for saving in different file formats including svg.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.