I need SCA for Dummies - help w/weld

General discussion about Inkscape
Kristen in MO

I need SCA for Dummies - help w/weld

Post by Kristen in MO »

O.k. I've got the weld feature now. I type my letters individually clicking "weld" after each letter. Then I nudged them until they're all overlapping.

Here's my problems, how do I select the whole word to continue on with the shadowing process? Every time I click I can only get one letter selected. Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help!
SJ5

Re: I need SCA for Dummies - help w/weld

Post by SJ5 »

Just click once in the area round about your word, but still inside the "rectangle" that should be selected, don't click on an actual letter. Even if you click and select a letter, just try clicking in the same place again and the whole word should be selected.

Hope that helps

Sheila
Kristen in MO

Post by Kristen in MO »

I still can't get a welded image. I can't select a whole word and even though I've overlapped the letters and clicked weld after each letter, when I preview the cut it's all red.

Any other suggestions?
boysboysboys

Post by boysboysboys »

I am no expert, but when I welded, I typed all of the letters for the word, then selected each letter to move individually so that they overlapped, then selected the whole word, then pressed weld. This work perfectly. I didn't click weld after each letter....just once for the whole word...
Kristen in MO

Post by Kristen in MO »

boysboysboys wrote:I am no expert, but when I welded, I typed all of the letters for the word, then selected each letter to move individually so that they overlapped, then selected the whole word, then pressed weld. This work perfectly. I didn't click weld after each letter....just once for the whole word...
I'm unable to select the whole word. Can someone tell me how to do that?
boysboysboys

Post by boysboysboys »

HMMM, when I click on the first letter of the word, it selects all of the letters...actually, I just tried it again and if I click anywhere in that rectangle it selects the whole word--I'm not using the "select all" in the menu under "edit"--just clicking on the mat in the yellow (or gray)rectangle....
Kristen in MO

Post by Kristen in MO »

Are you typing the letter individually or all at once. Because I can not get my whole word selected for the life of me. I'm starting to get very frustrated!

Thanks for trying to help!
Kristen in MO

Post by Kristen in MO »

I think I figured it out! I wasn't typing my word all at once. I'm such a dork!!!!
boysboysboys

Post by boysboysboys »

so glad you figured it out! You will have so much fun now!!!