Inkscape--newer version??

General discussion about Inkscape
just_scrappin

Inkscape--newer version??

Post by just_scrappin »

Ok...I have been out of the loop for a week or so and just now getting around to downloading inkscape. I KNOW I have alot to catch up on...

When I went to download it today it shows a version that was "released" yesterday and says the following (which is jibberish to me)

March 7, 2008
Our third (and probably final) pre-release of Inkscape is available for download.

Unfortunately, we've found that the remainder of our release blocking bugs are Windows-specific issues, but there aren't enough Windows-based developers to solve them all. If you are comfortable programming C/C++ on Windows with Ming32 and are interested in helping ensure the Inkscape Windows port is as stable as on other platforms, we can sure use your help! Review our bug tracker for windows bug priorities and to submit patches. For more information on Inkscape development on Windows, see our Win32Port wiki page.

Should I download this version??? Or look for an older download version?? I am using my work laptop so I don't want to mess it up! DH would kick me in the you know what!!!

Suggestions?
TIA-
Laurie
jadkinsmd

Re: Inkscape--newer version??

Post by jadkinsmd »

At the top left of the page (right under the site search bar) it should have an arrow to download 0.45.1 which is the last stable version. I have used it for almost a year now without any problems.

Jen Adkins
just_scrappin

Post by just_scrappin »

Thanks Jen. Off to download it now...and see if I can get caught up!
susibi

Post by susibi »

I agree - I only download when it's marked as stable version. The prereleases still contain some bugs and I'm not a bug hunter! The tuts have been written using 0.45 and 0.45.1.
HTH
Susibi :D