New downloads

General discussion about Inkscape
cmsmith64

New downloads

Post by cmsmith64 »

Everytime there is a new upgrade to SCAL3 my machine will not work until after I install the new upgrade. You don't know how frustrating this is for me when I get on SCAL3 load up a project to cut, and cllick on scissors to cut, and I get a message telling me my machine can not be located. So, after a couple failed attempts to restart everything, a light goes off in my head...a new update has been done. So off to craft edge.com and low and behold, there is a new update. Now, I don't receive the notifications, but could the new updates be done ONCE a year rather than every 2 weeks or so.... Just venting because when this happens I feel like something is wrong with the cutting machine or my laptop.... Carolyn
newbiecat

Re: New downloads

Post by newbiecat »

HI there

Under preferences /updates tab/ there is an option to automatically check for updates - which at least warns you as you open SCAL - now it wont stop the updates issue but at least you will know before you get that far into the process

Personally I am grateful for the updates since they are usually fixing a problem or bug , which is helpful in the end

Pandora
Win7, SCAL3.044, Silver Bullet 18" Craft Artist Pro, Photoshop,
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I think once a year is a long time to wait for a fix.

I can understand that you are frustrated by this but image if this was a really easy fix and craft edge said, yes, will take us 5 minutes to fix this, but you have to wait a year before we release the update to fix it as we just did an update - you would be more frustrated.

I commend CraftEdge for putting out updates as often as they do when people point out a problem or come up with a 'would be great if it did...' - we all have different setups so they cannot possibly test every combo before a release.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
potato

Post by potato »

oh, i understand what you think about this problem.
Crystal Palace Mosaic http://www.cpmosaic.com
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

just been thinking on this - I don't see why the update stops your machine being found.

maybe drop craftedge an email as scal should still work fine without the update. I don't always update right away and I can still cut to both my cutters

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
ElaineJWhite

Post by ElaineJWhite »

Get it today. Thanks all.