Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:47 am 

Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks
You might need to change your X11 settings. Check out this topic: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8347

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 am 

Hi, You did a great job explaining what you did, and with what it makes it so much easier to figure out.

I've opened your file and: It is not an svg but a grouped image. You can tell by looking at the very bottom info line under the color bar. I don't understand how that happened unless you inadvertently saved the wrong image.

Attachment:
trace.png
trace.png [ 58.17 KiB | Viewed 2985 times ]

ungrouped it
trace bitmap with these settings
colors: 2
Unstack
remove background

it traced just fine, just hard to see with the color fill pink.

I changed the stroke to black and removed the fill. If I remember correctly scal2 likes things stroked.

Delete the "image" and save

It opens in eCAL, I will attach the file.

I don't have scal2 anymore but if you have problems opening it someone *HeatheM" will pick up and finish the explanation. SCAL does not particularly like TEXT and most of the time text will not trace nicely in Inkscape for SCAL,

I did this with mountain lion.

Attachments:
Princess%20pink%201PS.svg [51.67 KiB]
Downloaded 106 times

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:16 am 

HeatherM and papasue, thank you both for taking the time to research my problem!! I tried HeatherM's suggestion first (as it was the first one I read) and it WORKED!! papasue, I guess I forgot to mention that my original image had several colors and that the file that I attached was just one color of the original. Your mention of the information below the color bar was very helpful! I can now see that with the adjustment made from HeatherM's suggestion I know see that my image is now a Path (# nodes) and not just an image. Again thank you both for your assistance! Have a wonderful weekend :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:54 am 

papasue wrote:
Hi, You did a great job explaining what you did, and with what it makes it so much easier to figure out.

I've opened your file and: It is not an svg but a grouped image. You can tell by looking at the very bottom info line under the color bar. I don't understand how that happened unless you inadvertently saved the wrong image.

Attachment:
trace.png

ungrouped it
trace bitmap with these settings
colors: 2
Unstack
remove background

it traced just fine, just hard to see with the color fill pink.

Hi papasue, thanks to your explination, i have the solution for the same problem I had.
When I imported a inkscape-svg-file, I saw only the image, without cutting lines; as you said: it was not a svg-file.
Thanks to yoy: i can now import my svg-files. Thanks, thankls, thanks.
greetings from belgium

I changed the stroke to black and removed the fill. If I remember correctly scal2 likes things stroked.

Delete the "image" and save

It opens in eCAL, I will attach the file.

I don't have scal2 anymore but if you have problems opening it someone *HeatheM" will pick up and finish the explanation. SCAL does not particularly like TEXT and most of the time text will not trace nicely in Inkscape for SCAL,

I did this with mountain lion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 am 

luvs2scrap wrote:
I have the same problem, Error: Unable to load file. It is my first time creating a svg file from Inkscape, followed the scrappydew tutorial on youtube. Used the +SVG tab in SCAL2. Tried to embed and link (neither worked), tried saving as an Inkscape svg and a plain svg mutuelles Entreprise (neither worked), tried different combinations of those 4 options, nothing worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I especially think that you forgot to compress the document before sending. But hey, it's not necessary if it's not big volume.